Hopper 2K S425

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Showed up on 1 Hopper. No big new announcements. No change to the missing blue "S" situation.

But the box is lightning fast again, dvr icons show immediately, no slow response to remote after power on. Hopefully that's fixed. This box didn't have the freezing problem so I don't know if that was fixed.

One of our two H2 has been super slow (15-20 seconds) to respond. Red button reset usually fixes it but last night, because we were recording PTAT, we didn't want to do that. The Hopper rebooted it self. After that it was responsive and still is this morning. Have high hopes for 425.

Showed up on 1 Hopper. No big new announcements. No change to the missing blue "S" situation.
Based on what we've posted about S424, and given the version #, I'd say this is just a fix addressing very specific problems. The missing "S", while important to some, is an interface option. My Hopper with S424 has been really, really bad. For a couple of days before enough reports/comments started showing up here, I was certain it was actually a dying box that I'd have to get replaced.

Just got it on the downstairs hopper but not upstairs hopper..I can not access the upstairs hopper now...I can click on menu click on upstairs hopper and then nothing. ..plus I'm having Internet connection issues upstairs now ???

Just got it on the downstairs hopper but not upstairs hopper..I can not access the upstairs hopper now...I can click on menu click on upstairs hopper and then nothing. ..plus I'm having Internet connection issues upstairs now ???

That can happen with mismatched software. You should have it on your second box probably by Friday so I wouldn't worry too much. It should correct itself once the software is matching again.

First time that has happened to me. ..I'll be on the lookout and update

Thanks for the help

Hit red reset button twice and now working. .. weird

Just Internet connection issues now. .. Dish anywhere does not recognize either Hooper...

Working now...weird...must be all this snow we are getting haha

Last edited:
I can't wait. S424 made me consider leaving Dish it was so bad. I spent all day home (was sick anyway) looking at OTA+streaming setups. Realized to get what I want programming-wise, I would pay almost as much as Dish costs me and not have the up-until-now great Hopper features. Fingers-crossed.

-Ted

Given the timeframe between S424 and S425 and the reports of performance-related issues, I'm betting the changes are quite focused on one or two issues. The search history thing is stupid, yes, but doesn't impact basic usage of the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)