Hopper 3 Arctic circle set up.

That or a 33 to a 44 to a 42 but I don't think you need the 44 in that application and the 33 doesn't require a power inserter. But the 33, I KNOW outputs DPP signal and I'm sure it will take up 3 DP Duals or DP singles. It's a Multidish switch, right?
Sorry HipKat, but there are no passthrough jacks on a DPP33. There is a DP34, though, with passthrough ports. Our guy on the north slope will have issues getting either of those switches, though, given their age.
I guess I'm not clear on what version his LNBF is but if it's a dual output, I'm almost sure it has to be a DP LNBF
I had some legacy LNBs with dual outputs. Just sayin'. ;)

I had some legacy LNBs with dual outputs. Just sayin'. ;)
Me, too. One of them came with my Bell Expressvu dish, when I tried that for a couple of years. The nice thing about the legacy LNB's was that they would also work with Directv SD receivers to receive the 101 satellite. So, I used the legacy dual LNB that came with my Expressvu Dish 500, to modify my original model Dish 1000 for reception of both Expressvu and Directv from a single dish, with separate receivers of course. I put a legacy Quad LNB in the slots intended for 110 and 119, and aimed the Dish 1000 for the Expressvu satellites at 82 and 91. This worked with the Expressvu receiver. Then, I put the legacy dual LNB in the slot intended for 129. Without needing to adjust the skew at all, this lined up perfectly with Directv's satellite at 101 for reception on the Directv receiver. The funny thing is that this provided a "stealth" way to have both Expressvu and Directv service with a single dish, without having either service's branded dish on my house. :)

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Still waiting for this blizzard to die down a little before I get up on the ladder. I’m going to try and see if I can’t obtain signal first and see if I can’t get past the “checking switch installation” portion of the setup process.

once it dies down a little I’ll grab a photo of the LNB a little closer to see if it’s a DP or just Dish.

I am a little confused, so I need a DPP or just a DP LNB in order to use the 42 switch and the hopper 3 set up???

ive also got an older receiver but the card in it isn’t the right card and it isn’t set up for service. Would it be easier for me to have the old receiver set up for service and attached to the wrong card and then run the satellite until I can get the new equipment for the Hopper 3 system???

I can probably more easily get the information on the older receiver for everyone now.

I help run emergency services calls as well in my spare time and last year during a 90 Mph white out we had a person trying to fix his dish who fell and broke both his ankles.
Long story short glad the ARGO had the tracks on to get him to the clinic!!

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Look angle at nearby Barrow, 10 meter dish.

Attachments

• S8000640.JPG
    S8000640.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 92
Still waiting for this blizzard to die down a little before I get up on the ladder. I’m going to try and see if I can’t obtain signal first and see if I can’t get past the “checking switch installation” portion of the setup process.

once it dies down a little I’ll grab a photo of the LNB a little closer to see if it’s a DP or just Dish.

I am a little confused, so I need a DPP or just a DP LNB in order to use the 42 switch and the hopper 3 set up???

ive also got an older receiver but the card in it isn’t the right card and it isn’t set up for service. Would it be easier for me to have the old receiver set up for service and attached to the wrong card and then run the satellite until I can get the new equipment for the Hopper 3 system???

I can probably more easily get the information on the older receiver for everyone now.
DPH42 switch, use both DP and DPP lnb's, if you have DP, you are good to go

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
This is what I use with the DPH 42 multiswitch - a DishPro lnb .

You will only need to run one cable from the lnb to the 42 switch.

If you have a custom dish, you may need to use a screwdriver to rip the mounting cover off the lnb. Then you can connect around the lnb barrel.

This is what I use with the DPH 42 multiswitch - a DishPro lnb .

You will only need to run one cable from the lnb to the 42 switch.

If you have a custom dish, you may need to use a screwdriver to rip the mounting cover off the lnb. Then you can connect around the lnb barrel.
LNB is already attached, storm calmed down overnight. I’ll be checking the dish and getting some more pictures to
You guys after work today!! I really appreciate all the help.

I believe it was a DP but it may just be a dish LNB if that’s the case I’ll need to get a new LNB correct ??

Reactions: charlesrshell
LNB is already attached, storm calmed down overnight. I’ll be checking the dish and getting some more pictures to
You guys after work today!! I really appreciate all the help.

I believe it was a DP but it may just be a dish LNB if that’s the case I’ll need to get a new LNB correct ??
If lnb does not have the dp logo on it, it is a legacy lnb.

If lnb does not have the dp logo on it, it is a legacy lnb.
Didn’t see any form of DP logo on it. However the old switch that came off of it which was just a 2 satellite input into a single outlet was has a DP logo on it.

im assuming I need to find a new LMB! Went to go play around with the sat finder and moved the dish up still couldn’t really lockdown a signal.

the signal finder I have chirps and the needle moves up and down constantly. Don’t know if that’s supposed to happen.

if I turn the “db” knob up though it will peg the needle and squeal instead of doing a weird lower tone chirp.

I’ll try and get a video of it, next time around. I watched a video where they said to start it off on 4 move the dish until you get a solid tone then turn it down till the tone is no longer audible then slightly alter the dish until you get the highest tone or numeral.

the problem being I can’t start it at a solid “4” because it bounces from zero and up constantly instead of being hardline at a single number.

do I possibly have a bad connection??! I also
Don’t have a clue as to
Which Input is sat1 and which is sat2 would that make a difference ???

sorry I’m pretty new at this and have only dealt with satellite dishes very minimally and the signal finder I had before had a digital bar that would raise as you found better signal with an audible tone. I’ve never use one with a needle.

Didn’t see any form of DP logo on it. However the old switch that came off of it which was just a 2 satellite input into a single outlet was has a DP logo on it.

Do you see any part numbers? I am going hazard a guess and suggest that a legacy bandstacker existed at one time to stack the two bands coming from a legacy dual. Has anybody seen one of those? I've seen the reverse and in fact have one that goes from DP to legacy. Not what Gdsmith needs! :( But the DP output from that old "switch" (if that is what it is) should work with a DPH42 and a Hopper3.

Do you see any part numbers? I am going hazard a guess and suggest that a legacy bandstacker existed at one time to stack the two bands coming from a legacy dual. Has anybody seen one of those? I've seen the reverse and in fact have one that goes from DP to legacy. Not what Gdsmith needs! :( But the DP output from that old "switch" (if that is what it is) should work with a DPH42 and a Hopper3.
I’ve already head out for work, I’ll snap a photo when I swing back by the camp or when I get off. I’ll look for a pet number on the LMB today as well! Trying to get this figured out .

I swing out of rotation soon if I have to pick up parts to bring back it would be nice to figure out what!!

Reactions: TheKrell
The

im assuming I need to find a new LMB! Went to go play around with the sat finder and moved the dish up still couldn’t really lockdown a signal.

the signal finder I have chirps and the needle moves up and down constantly. Don’t know if that’s supposed to happen.

if I turn the “db” knob up though it will peg the needle and squeal instead of doing a weird lower tone chirp.

I’ll try and get a video of it, next time around. I watched a video where they said to start it off on 4 move the dish until you get a solid tone then turn it down till the tone is no longer audible then slightly alter the dish until you get the highest tone or numeral.

the problem being I can’t start it at a solid “4” because it bounces from zero and up constantly instead of being hardline at a single number.

do I possibly have a bad connection??! I also
Don’t have a clue as to
Which Input is sat1 and which is sat2 would that make a difference ???

sorry I’m pretty new at this and have only dealt with satellite dishes very minimally and the signal finder I had before had a digital bar that would raise as you found better signal with an audible tone. I’ve never use one with a needle.
The man camp needs to pop for a good professional meter.

Something like one of the Applied Instrument models.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

The The man camp needs to pop for a good professional meter.

Something like one of the Applied Instrument models.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!
We had to borrow one through 2 other people just to find one. I’m thinking about ordering one myself to keep in my go bag. I might have to grab the multimeter and test the cable ends to see if we’ve got decent connections and no breaks in our lines we have ran.

what’s a good recommendation not to expensive model of meter ??

View attachment 149074
This is a picture of the switch I was talking about, atleast I assume it is a switch. Getting some of the LNB as well!
That's not a switch it's a separator. It is used for receivers like the 722. It would allow for a single coax from the dish to the separator and then two coxes from the separator to the receiver giving you two channel capability. You don't need this at all for a Hopper and you should remove it from your wiring if you have it connected.

That's not a switch it's a separator. It is used for receivers like the 722. It would allow for a single coax from the dish to the separator and then two coxes from the separator to the receiver giving you two channel capability. You don't need this at all for a Hopper and you should remove it from your wiring if you have it connected.
True, but your discussion above is not making clear to Gdsmith07 what all he has and what he needs to get that H3 working. (At least I am unclear!) If that separator ever worked for a two-tuner Dish receiver, then that means his LNB is not just DishPro (bandstacked) but DishPro Plus (dual tuner over single cable). So, if he has a DIshPro Plus LNB/switch assembly, then what would he need to connect up that H3 and some Joeys? Will a DPH42 (which he has) be all that he needs?

And what about his LNB? He calls it a "dual", which is only good for one satellite location, and he admitted he probably needs to upgrade it to something, but does not know "to what". The pictures do indeed look like a dual LNB and not a twin. But in that case, a separator would not give you even two independent tuners.

He said in one post above that "it’s a single connection with two [outputs and] one eye cover". I have no clue what a DPH42 would do if connected up to only one DP dual (one satellite location).

True, but your discussion above is not making clear to Gdsmith07 what all he has and what he needs to get that H3 working. (At least I am unclear!) If that separator ever worked for a two-tuner Dish receiver, then that means his LNB is not just DishPro (bandstacked) but DishPro Plus (dual tuner over single cable). So, if he has a DIshPro Plus LNB/switch assembly, then what would he need to connect up that H3 and some Joeys? Will a DPH42 (which he has) be all that he needs?

And what about his LNB? He calls it a "dual", which is only good for one satellite location, and he admitted he probably needs to upgrade it to something, but does not know "to what". The pictures do indeed look like a dual LNB and not a twin. But in that case, a separator would not give you even two independent tuners.

He said in one post above that "it’s a single connection with two [outputs and] one eye cover". I have no clue what a DPH42 would do if connected up to only one DP dual (one satellite location).
All I was saying is that the Separator does not belong in a Hopper configuration and that the separator is not a switch. He thought it was a switch and necessary to his setup. It's not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts