Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

Note the 7 - 7:00 pm recording time.

Yep, that is what my last 30 or whatever failed attempts at OTA recordings had too. I kinda hoped I was safe recording it off the satellite, but I guess not. The whole upgrade has been a poor experience, even worse than the Genie launch and I did not think that was possible...

Reactions: Troch77
I had a few days to talk with a couple people about the Hopper 3, and I was told not to upgrade.

They both said nothing but recordings issues over and over, and the Joeys and Netflix have major buffering issues.

So I decided today to cancel my upgrade that was Scheduled for Friday.

I have quite a few bugs with my 2 HWS and the U204 software, But I have no issues with Netflix, and no sluggish hang ups, and the botched recordings are present, but not as bad as it sounds on that H3.

The One guy I talked to which is my new Directv /Dish installer neighbor said exactly what you just Stated Gadgt,
The HR34 was a Gem compared to this H3.

So I'm staying as is for now, and I just hope Dish provides a better software version to replace the U204.
And hopefully you guys get something better for your H3s.

Hopefully everyone having these issues report back, if a solution becomes available.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The part of this issue that is interesting is that despite the fact recordings are failing, my dish bill still shows a DVR fee. I believe that if dish were refunding all those fees for a DVR that is unreliable for recording, there would be a bigger sense of urgency in getting this fixed.

Reactions: TheLip
That's the rub. Upgrade fee, DVR fee's, purchased OTA tuner, yet the thing can't even record reliably which is what I have it!!! I don't see any discounts though for shoddy codemanship...

Also amusing we are sitting here another day with now SW update. Look, if you break recording, reload an old version. Oh wait, we would lose sports bar mode...

The part of this issue that is interesting is that despite the fact recordings are failing, my dish bill still shows a DVR fee. I believe that if dish were refunding all those fees for a DVR that is unreliable for recording, there would be a bigger sense of urgency in getting this fixed.

Not a bad idea. If it goes on for a couple of more weeks, people should call in and get a partial monthly DVR refund, say $10. It will alert them that people are not able to record their favorite programs. I will gladly sacrifice sports bar mode if I can get my reliable recording back.

That's the biggest joke I've heard in a long time. The HR34 a 'gem' compared to the H3. That's really a combination of funny and a huge load of crap.

Reactions: charlesrshell
IMO, they both suck as new releases. Unreliable in the areas that count. Now it is easy to understand the H3 will smoke a 34 once these bugs are worked out, but right now it sucks "too".

Anyone trying to defend a DVR that corrupts recordings, along with all the step backs it took in usability from a HWS, is a fanboy. I can deal with the quirks, because I like a lot of it, but don't start corrupting recordings.

IMO, they both suck as new releases. Unreliable in the areas that count. Now it is easy to understand the H3 will smoke a 34 once these bugs are worked out, but right now it sucks "too".

Anyone trying to defend a DVR that corrupts recordings, along with all the step backs it took in usability from a HWS, is a fanboy. I can deal with the quirks, because I like a lot of it, but don't start corrupting recordings.
Well that's that's just it.
Certain members here bragged about how great these Hopper /Joeys are and I get the Hopper system and it wasn't much better the the Genie /client system.
Right now the incorporated Netflix app is IMO the only feature of separation.
And I had an HR34 for 3 years.
The worst bugs this had was slow navigation. Corrupt recordings? Very few .
So I could see why that tech would say the HR34 upon release was a Gem.
Don't even get me started on that Joey 1.0.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I think the real rub for me is, we all expected a bumpy road but some of the bugs like OTA recording were a little ridiculous. Now it has gotten worse in 2 months, not better. That is inexcusable. It should be getting better!

All they have for my experience in the last two months is add sports bar mode, make OTA worse and overall recording worse.

That's the biggest joke I've heard in a long time. The HR34 a 'gem' compared to the H3. That's really a combination of funny and a huge load of crap.
Well as DVR has one specific job to do, and that's record.
I've seen many many more and more complaints all over the place, and yet the same old handful of people like always here still try and defend it every chance they get.
Quite honestly my Hopper experience has gone downhill fast.
The plus side, my bill is quite good, But I still hear, "We should have kept the Tivos"
That's horrible that the 3 ladies of the house have a equipment request.

I'm sure Dish will work this out, I just hope it's really is soon, and not "Soon"
But I'm seriously evaluating putting some 211s in the house and going back old school with no whole home, and just get some hard drives.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I had a few days to talk with a couple people about the Hopper 3, and I was told not to upgrade.

They both said nothing but recordings issues over and over, and the Joeys and Netflix have major buffering issues.

So I decided today to cancel my upgrade that was Scheduled for Friday.

I have quite a few bugs with my 2 HWS and the U204 software, But I have no issues with Netflix, and no sluggish hang ups, and the botched recordings are present, but not as bad as it sounds on that H3.

The One guy I talked to which is my new Directv /Dish installer neighbor said exactly what you just Stated Gadgt,
The HR34 was a Gem compared to this H3.

So I'm staying as is for now, and I just hope Dish provides a better software version to replace the U204.
And hopefully you guys get something better for your H3s.

Hopefully everyone having these issues report back, if a solution becomes available.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Have to tried to call Dish and get your HWS replaced for another HWS with the ORIGINAL interface? When you call in, don't mention that you 'upgraded' to the carbon UI, just tell them that your HWS is unusable and you would like a replacement. The HWS is fairly stable with the original WORKING interface.

Reactions: TheLip
I just hope that the H3 doesn't go the 922 way in terms of ironing out the bugs. I heard it took them forever to make that thing halfway decent.

Have to tried to call Dish and get your HWS replaced for another HWS with the ORIGINAL interface? When you call in, don't mention that you 'upgraded' to the carbon UI, just tell them that your HWS is unusable and you would like a replacement. The HWS is fairly stable with the original WORKING interface.
Well I would have to claim both my Hopper are bad, and then what happens when I get the 4K joey?
I'm back where I started.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well I would have to claim both my Hopper are bad, and then what happens when I get the 4K joey?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Oh! OK! Now I understand your problem! I guess there is not much you can do except to wait for the next software release. I honestly hope that Dish gets it right with the next release!

Reactions: Troch77

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I would suggest you get the H3 and 4K Joey. I know you've talked with some folks that have told you not to upgrade yet, but what do you have to lose?
There are lots of folks that do not have major issues with the H3, myself included.

I would suggest you get the H3 and 4K Joey. I know you've talked with some folks that have told you not to upgrade yet, but what do you have to lose?
There are lots of folks that do not have major issues with the H3, myself included.

Can I do a swap-out for your H3? Mine is working like crap.

Had my first 04 on a Sunday night recording fortunately it was mothers shows and she was able to stay awake so didn't need that recording.

OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM THE MOTHERSHIP:

"Thanks for the link and this issue has been escalated to Echostar. Once we have passed on to a new software version we will take the things that were working in a previous version and add it to a new and upcoming system."

Translation: SOON!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)