Hopper 3 DVR issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I assume that he probably created a folder called games. If he has different game shows that he records each program series will show up as a separate icon in his folder.
If you do a search you can select options. The normal filter is “All Available”. If you then press select you will get a screen that lets you select which options to use for your filter. The options are:
1) All Available
2) Live or Upcoming
3) Streaming
4) Recorded
5) Video On Demand
6) Netflix
7) Currently Unavailable

You can select or deselect the options

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I created a custom folder named Match Game just to keep things separate and easy for me to view and handle as possible. I really can't remember because this is how dense I am but I seem to remember that if I selected My Match Game folder it would then show me the list of the episodes. But now when I select My Match Game folder it presents a subfolder of the Box saying "match game" with the appropriate thumb nail art and of course the number of episodes in the lower right corner--the only thumbnail; not possible for any other to be--which means I then have to select that to find the individual episodes for Match Game. As I said I'm so dense I can't remember if that's the way it was or if this sub folder within a folder is something new especially when it's the only TV show being recorded and I mean only from GSN being sent this custom folder. My feeble mind thinks this is a change and something new. But I will of course trust the many others on this forum to set my rotten memory straight.

That could be, or I just never dug that deep. I mean, I have custom folders for all my recordings, because I'm OCD and everything has to be organized, but subfolders?? I can't wait to play with those - movies by Genre!!
Oh yes since the hopper 3 has Unlimited Custom folders, and easier to create and modify existing timers to go to whatever custom folder you want, I really have found it easier to create several custom folders according to genre and in the case of Match Game a custom folder name for that particular show. I only record a match games from GSN and no other timer has been set to send anything else to that match game Custom folder. I do remember being surprised TODAY seeing a subfolder after I had just entered my custom folder. but I can't really remember if that's the way it was before, but probably not if I was surprised

So yes absolutely custom folders. I understand your OCD because without folders and especially custom folders It all becomes a great big mess.

Reactions: pattykay
The subfolder is the automatic grouping by title. If you set more than one series to record to the same folder, each series will have its own subfolder.
and in my case I only set one series timer-- only one timer for Match Game on GSN--and it still presented a subfolder which is why I was surprised when I saw it today.

Ahhhhh, ok, I see. That's just normal. Multiple episodes of the same show turn that tile into a folder - or subfolder. Had me getting my hopes all up
I'm becoming more certain that multiple episodes of the same show that go into a custom folder with that show title and only one timer associated with it would show the custom folder and then entering the custom folder presented you with a list of episodes with the thumbnail at the top left and the list of episodes beneath that.

Now it seems That for a custom folder that is named for a particular show with only one timer / series timer set for it, will now take you to a subfolder with the show title and thumb nail art with the number of recordings then you must press that to enter to get to the list of episodes. this is not about a custom folder like a genre whatever that has more than one timer associated with that custom folder that then will have several different series under that custom folder presented in subfolders for each show / timer. I've had that for a long time and that behavior never changed. What seems to be different now as I'm getting better memory is that a custom folder with the name of the show with only one series timer set for it will show the custom folder then upon entering the custom folder it used to show a list of episodes but now after entering the custom folder you are shown a subfolder then you must select that to be taken to the next screen to see the list of episodes. I don't think that behavior existed before and of course it is somewhat unintuitive but I do believe it's a change.

The subfolders even works great in the EHD. I have 108 Christley Knows Best recordings in six subfolders by season.
Hey that sounds great. I haven't messed with my EHD in a long time but I get what you're saying that's a huge huge major Improvement and it does indicate that there was in fact some change to the software as relates to folders and display and may also be related to the SORT RECORDINGS feature that doesn't work quite the way it's supposed to by not showing all of the DVR recordings among all the other sources then having to go back and forth and mess around so that all your DVR recordings do show. That's from an earlier post of mine but thanks so much for that heads up that sounds really great. I'm going to play with my EHD later tonight.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For what it's worth, I do like the idea of the SORT RECORDINGS feature. I just want it to work, so I hope the Dish can fix it rather than take it away. TiVo has a similar feature display and it is really nice to see in one page/display/place to glance where you can get all available episodes from different sources, considering how horribly cumbersome navigating dish VOD is. It's extremely difficult going through pages and pages and Scrolls and Scrolls and thumbnails just to find one episode of a show that you want to view the VOD. And using the search function will not always show you that those episodes are also available VOD even though it is supposed to. I always have to perform two different functions to find a show: the search function and then knowing that it won't display VOD like it supposed to, I then have to drill down through the VOD Rabbit Hole to see if indeed those episodes are available for playback. PITA. it's the only way to confirm that I am indeed seeing every episode that's available and it is usually the one I want to watch.

Hey that sounds great. I haven't messed with my EHD in a long time but I get what you're saying that's a huge huge major Improvement and it does indicate that there was in fact some change to the software as relates to folders and display and may also be related to the SORT RECORDINGS feature that doesn't work quite the way it's supposed to by not showing all of the DVR recordings among all the other sources then having to go back and forth and mess around so that all your DVR recordings do show. That's from an earlier post of mine but thanks so much for that heads up that sounds really great. I'm going to play with my EHD later tonight.
My EHD has done the subdivision thing since I have had the H3 and has been thru several software updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts