Hopper 3 H301 Software

I prefer to go ahead and mail in an extra payment ahead of making any credit card changes. That way, I have a credit balance (Dish owes me money) when I make the change. Then, when the credit balance is used up, the card payments resume on their normal schedule.

I got the H301 update yesterday, and now I lost the DVR icon on the main menu. I did reboot with no change. I called dish and they said they will create a ticket with no time frame for resolution. We use the DVR feature a lot! I'm not happy! I know there is another way to get there but it should not have been deleted. I don't use the dish remote. I use an activity based remote to control multiple devices and functions with one push of a button.

• Love
Reactions: Jay43 and pattykay
I got the H301 update yesterday, and now I lost the DVR icon on the main menu. I did reboot with no change. I called dish and they said they will create a ticket with no time frame for resolution. We use the DVR feature a lot! I'm not happy! I know there is another way to get there but it should not have been deleted. I don't use the dish remote. I use an activity based remote to control multiple devices and functions with one push of a button.
The DVR icon is gone. If you are using an activity based remote, like a Harmony, it can ‘learn’ the DVR button from your Dish remote, I actually use a Harmony 700 remote and the initial programming already had a DVR button built in.

Reactions: sktrus
My H3 still shows U942 (if memory serves). :(

For the record, I have several remotes for my setup, and all of them have a DVR button. What remote are you using that does not have this button? I didn't even realize that the DVR icon was there; I have never used it because it's quicker simply by pressing the DVR button.

I'll wait 'til Dish says I'm good and ready to receive it.....thanks.
daniel bryan yes GIF by WWE

Reactions: charlesrshell
For the record, I have several remotes for my setup, and all of them have a DVR button. What remote are you using that does not have this button?
When I still had a Hopper Duo, I often used a really old 1.5 remote to control it when I would first turn it on. That remote is handy for quickly checking the software version, since it has a Sys Info button. Of course, this remote is so old that it does not have any DVR function buttons on it. However, if I just wanted to watch a movie without needing to pause it or skip forward, etc. then I would continue to use the 1.5 remote instead of switching remotes. It was handy having access to the main menu with just one push of the Menu button (instead of pressing Home twice to get to the main menu on newer remotes). Then, in the main menu, the DVR icon was right there. Now, it is gone. It is a minor inconvenience, but I can see how it would be annoying to someone who was used to using that icon.

Also, as I already pointed out earlier, the lack of a DVR icon can be quite disconcerting to someone who is using a Wally. In the past, the only time when the DVR icon would disappear is if you did not have an external hard drive attached, or if DVR functionality was not enabled in the first place. So, seeing that DVR icon disappear from the main menu might very well cause a Wally user to panic, without realizing that they in fact still have a perfectly working DVR. At least on Wally, that icon served a purpose, so you could tell at a glance that you are actually authorized for DVR functionality. Removing the icon only causes needless worry to those who are used to seeing it disappear only when something bad has happened.

Reactions: TheKrell
Because the remotes have a DVR Button? (Except for the 1.5, lol)
Why make extra keypunches?
Not to mention, if you have a voice remote, press the mc and say "DVR"

Sure the remote has it and it's mainly what I use but some people have different habits and it doesn't seem to be a big deal to keep it. If it ain't broke...

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Dish was good and ready to give it to me...last night around 10:30 PM while I was watching the news. No warning, no nothing...receiver just restarted and gave the standard download screen so I just let it be
Yep, I got it overnight last night as well. Strange, because I'm usually in one of the later waves to get it. Maybe it's been deemed OK for all?

Sure the remote has it and it's mainly what I use but some people have different habits and it doesn't seem to be a big deal to keep it. If it ain't broke...
I think the main reason for removing it was to keep from cluttering up the main menu with too many icons. If they leave too many things in the top two rows, then something important may end up getting bumped down to the third row. (Honestly, how many of you were even aware that there is a third row in the main menu? I hardly ever scroll down there. LOL.) Now, if Dish would make it more obvious that you can scroll down for more options (a scroll bar on the right side of the menu, maybe) then they might feel more comfortable with leaving more icons in the main menu. As it is, they seem to want to remove an icon every time they add something new.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and MrDRC
This is the first day I was able to use the update tool for my Hopper 3s.
I also was finally able to upgrade both of my Hopper3 receivers today using the upgrade tool.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Yep, I got it overnight last night as well. Strange, because I'm usually in one of the later waves to get it. Maybe it's been deemed OK for all?
Well, this is approximately one week after the new software version was first reported here. So, it seems that Dish is doing software rollouts in at least three waves. My sister always gets the new releases about a week before they get reported here. So, that is the initial "Soak" wave. (She is using a purchased Wally that used to be on a beta tester account, but she is not a beta tester. Apparently, this receiver still gets the benefit of early software updates, though.) Then, the second wave was when the software release was first reported here. This must have been just a limited release to a select group of regular customers. So, anyone who was not included in that second wave had to wait a week for the third wave, which apparently makes it available to everyone who wants it. (Whether you actually want it or not. LOL.)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I think the main reason for removing it was to keep from cluttering up the main menu with too many icons. If they leave too many things in the top two rows, then something important may end up getting bumped down to the third row. (Honestly, how many of you were even aware that there is a third row in the main menu? I hardly ever scroll down there. LOL.) Now, if Dish would make it more obvious that you can scroll down for more options (a scroll bar on the right side of the menu, maybe) then they might feel more comfortable with leaving more icons in the main menu. As it is, they seem to want to remove an icon every time they add something new.

i just found if you press the home button twice the red DVR icon appears on the top row of that page. So it's there just takes one more press. No biggie I guess...

I see a Prime Time Anytime icon which takes you to the recordings from PTAT. I don't see a DVR icon. No way to get to my recordings using that Icon.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)