Hopper 3 H310 Software Update Is Here

You lost me. What is the trick play issue? I will try it out.
beck bennett idk GIF by Saturday Night Live
:)

You lost me. What is the trick play issue? I will try it out.
Let's say you're watching live TV, but you miss something. You skip back 10 seconds to hear something again, and after doing that and before you get to hear the part you missed, it jumps to live! You can try skipping back multiple 10 seconds. At some point (-1 minute?) its chase play is fine. Occasionally, while hitting skip forward or back multiple times, it sometimes skips all the way back to the beginning of the buffer. But it's favorite "trick" is to skip unbidden to live. Very annoying. My H3 did not do this when I first got it.

OK, I manually triggered this update. I'll try the Joey myself later.

Let's say you're watching live TV, but you miss something. You skip back 10 seconds to hear something again, and after doing that and before you get to hear the part you missed, it jumps to live! You can try skipping back multiple 10 seconds. At some point (-1 minute?) its chase play is fine. Occasionally, while hitting skip forward or back multiple times, it sometimes skips all the way back to the beginning of the buffer. But it's favorite "trick" is to skip unbidden to live. Very annoying. My H3 did not do this when I first got it.

OK, I manually triggered this update. I'll try the Joey myself later.
I do have a similar problem like that from the H3 but it is only when watching a recording from an OTA program sub channel 04-03 from St Louis. It drives me crazy. It records tonite so I will check it tomorrow to see if it is fixed and let you know. We don't have any problems with the other recordings. We hardly watch any live TV and when we do we hardly ever hit the skip back

I saw a few days ago that Locast lost their case (to be able to carry streams of local TV channels), and were going to cease operations within like 2 days. Could be an update just to pull Locast off the list of apps.

It records tonite so I will check it tomorrow to see if it is fixed and let you know.
Thanks. My H3 has H310 now. But my J3 is still on J509 and still has it after a reboot. It still jumps to live. :( I see no option to upgrade a Joey. Perhaps after it does its own reboot at 3AM?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks. My H3 has H310 now. But my J3 is still on J509 and still has it after a reboot. It still jumps to live. I see no option to upgrade a Joey. Perhaps after it does its own reboot at 3AM?

I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H310. According to the Hopper3 screen my Joey3 should have J510 but like Krell my Joey3 stayed at J509. I even did a full power Reset of my Joey3 but it stayed at J509.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H310. According to the Hopper3 screen my Joey3 should have J510 but like Krell my Joey3 stayed at J509. I even did a full power Reset of my Joey3 but it stayed at J509.
And this morning, I see J510. A single press of the skip back 10 seconds button inexplicably skips back 20 seconds. After a few seconds of chase play at -20 seconds, it again jumps to live. :crying

• Sad
Reactions: LQQK
And this morning, I see J510. A single press of the skip back 10 seconds button inexplicably skips back 20 seconds. After a few seconds of chase play at -20 seconds, it again jumps to live. :crying

My Joey3 now had J510 also. The first time I press the skip back button it skips back 20 seconds. The next several presses of the skip back button always skip back 10 seconds.
I have tried it several times and half the time it would jump back to live. Whether it works correctly seems to be tied to how the button pushes are timed.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

My Joey3 now had J510 also. The first time I press the skip back button it skips back 20 seconds. The next several presses of the skip back button always skip back 10 seconds.
I have tried it several times and half the time it would jump back to live. Whether it works correctly seems to be tied to how the button pushes are timed.

I think DISH sees it as a "Feature." ;)
I have seen posts about this for quite sometime they can't fix it?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I do have a similar problem like that from the H3 but it is only when watching a recording from an OTA program sub channel 04-03 from St Louis. It drives me crazy. It records tonite so I will check it tomorrow to see if it is fixed and let you know. We don't have any problems with the other recordings. We hardly watch any live TV and when we do we hardly ever hit the skip back
@thekrI still see the same issue on channel 04-03 from St Louis

Just for reference, a Joey will only update if its on standby with the host Hopper connected. What I do to force is turn the Joey off, either by pressing the power button on the front panel or covering the IR blaster on my 54 remote (So only the Joey shuts off), then wait about a minute for a download box to come up. The Hopper does not need to be off or anything special, its just the Joey that needs to be off so it can compare its current version to the host and update if necessary.

Fun fact, a Joey doesn't even need to be activated to upgrade, just paired (Diagnostics > Whole Home > Select a hopper to pair to), I've done that with a few spare WJ's on old software I got on ebay for cheap (luckily not leased), although you wont get service until you activate them of course.

Just for reference, a Joey will only update if its on standby with the host Hopper connected.
Interesting. Of course the reboot of the Joey did nothing, since it came right back up with the old software. I let it reboot itself at 3AM. But I suppose I might have seen something happening when it went into standby.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)