Hopper 3 Picture Freeze

mheisen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
For the past month or 2, I have had random, infrequent picture freezes. They last for 2-3 seconds and then the sound and picture catch up. This is visible live and in my recordings. I have the latest software, but the LNB has been in use for years in the Arizona Sun as has the Hopper. DVR is at 50% capacity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For the past month or 2, I have had random, infrequent picture freezes. They last for 2-3 seconds and then the sound and picture catch up. This is visible live and in my recordings. I have the latest software, but the LNB has been in use for years in the Arizona Sun as has the Hopper. DVR is at 50% capacity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
We’ve noticed that those LNB’s, the hybridge, tend to have issues in the heat. I would try to get a technician over there to switch it out for one of the new slim line series.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We’ve noticed that those LNB’s, the hybridge, tend to have issues in the heat. I would try to get a technician over there to switch it out for one of the new slim line series.
I have same issue. Is there newer LNBs for the older non-hybrid LNBs? I have 1000+ dish going to a DPH switch.

My H3 doesn’t freeze, but goes dark for a second or 2.
Do you have a Joey and if so, does the picture freeze? I’m thinking my problem is related to the video processor (something similar) on my H3 as I don’t have the issue on my 4K Joey.

I have same issue. Is there newer LNBs for the older non-hybrid LNBs? I have 1000+ dish going to a DPH switch.
Well, do you have the original 1000+ or the DPP 1000+? If you have the older one, that’s the only upgrade you can really get unless you are willing to forego 118 for a 1000.2/4 with there respective DPP LNBF, as far as a hybrid slimline model as HipKat mentions your only option would be a EA slimline (from what I can tell you get St Louis locals which is a dual arc market) since that one has the two outputs you would need for your DPH42. You could also put up this 1000.2/4 as a secondary dish and just feed its signals alongside the 118 feed from the 1000+ if you really want to keep that location available.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, do you have the original 1000+ or the DPP 1000+? If you have the older one, that’s the only upgrade you can really get unless you are willing to forego 118 for a 1000.2/4 with there respective DPP LNBF, as far as a hybrid slimline model as HipKat mentions your only option would be a EA slimline (from what I can tell you get St Louis locals which is a dual arc market) since that one has the two outputs you would need for your DPH42. You could also put up this 1000.2/4 as a secondary dish and just feed its signals alongside the 118 feed from the 1000+ if you really want to keep that location available.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)