Hopper 3 Picture Freeze

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mheisen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
For the past month or 2, I have had random, infrequent picture freezes. They last for 2-3 seconds and then the sound and picture catch up. This is visible live and in my recordings. I have the latest software, but the LNB has been in use for years in the Arizona Sun as has the Hopper. DVR is at 50% capacity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For the past month or 2, I have had random, infrequent picture freezes. They last for 2-3 seconds and then the sound and picture catch up. This is visible live and in my recordings. I have the latest software, but the LNB has been in use for years in the Arizona Sun as has the Hopper. DVR is at 50% capacity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
We’ve noticed that those LNB’s, the hybridge, tend to have issues in the heat. I would try to get a technician over there to switch it out for one of the new slim line series.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We’ve noticed that those LNB’s, the hybridge, tend to have issues in the heat. I would try to get a technician over there to switch it out for one of the new slim line series.
I have same issue. Is there newer LNBs for the older non-hybrid LNBs? I have 1000+ dish going to a DPH switch.

My H3 doesn’t freeze, but goes dark for a second or 2.
Do you have a Joey and if so, does the picture freeze? I’m thinking my problem is related to the video processor (something similar) on my H3 as I don’t have the issue on my 4K Joey.

I have same issue. Is there newer LNBs for the older non-hybrid LNBs? I have 1000+ dish going to a DPH switch.
Well, do you have the original 1000+ or the DPP 1000+? If you have the older one, that’s the only upgrade you can really get unless you are willing to forego 118 for a 1000.2/4 with there respective DPP LNBF, as far as a hybrid slimline model as HipKat mentions your only option would be a EA slimline (from what I can tell you get St Louis locals which is a dual arc market) since that one has the two outputs you would need for your DPH42. You could also put up this 1000.2/4 as a secondary dish and just feed its signals alongside the 118 feed from the 1000+ if you really want to keep that location available.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, do you have the original 1000+ or the DPP 1000+? If you have the older one, that’s the only upgrade you can really get unless you are willing to forego 118 for a 1000.2/4 with there respective DPP LNBF, as far as a hybrid slimline model as HipKat mentions your only option would be a EA slimline (from what I can tell you get St Louis locals which is a dual arc market) since that one has the two outputs you would need for your DPH42. You could also put up this 1000.2/4 as a secondary dish and just feed its signals alongside the 118 feed from the 1000+ if you really want to keep that location available.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts