Hopper 3 Remote Control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You'll get the new remote regardless because it will be in the box. If you want the older 40.0 remote then you may want to just call Dish and ask if they will ship you one. Worst case scenario is that you have to buy one for like $20.

I'm not sure how they will handle the voice remote when it's available.
Depending on your installer (and maybe the particular company providing the install service) you might be able to ask to keep your old 40.0 remotes - my installer offered me that option. I should've taken it :(

IR = Infra Red = must have line of site.

RF = Radio Frequency = works through walls/cabinets/etc.

40.0/52.0/50.0 are ALL RF only when controlling the H3/Joey.

21.x (VIP series) remotes have to be set for IR mode, but then work just fine as long as IR is enabled on the H3. The 21.0 RF tech is not compatible with the HopperX/40/50/52 RF tech.

20.x remotes are IR only and work just fine if IR is enabled on the H3.

You can have any mix of 40/52/(presumably)50 RF remotes paired to the H3 (up to 8 or so remotes total). Since the IR remotes are not paired, you could have as many as you want.

The H3 is smart enough to know which remote you are actively using and changes screen prompts accordingly, ie: displaying "Options" or "App" text in prompts vs "Red" or "Blue" button icons.
Have you tried out the 32.0 remote? I bet it will work too on the H3.

Depending on your installer (and maybe the particular company providing the install service) you might be able to ask to keep your old 40.0 remotes - my installer offered me that option. I should've taken it :(

My installer was inclined to let me keep my old remotes, but didn't know why I'd want them.
When I showed him how to resort timers using the remotes (thanks to this forum!), he seemed more than happy to let them stay :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Well I'm telling everyone to not ask but tell the installer you're keeping your remotes. You're not leasing the remotes so they can't take them if you want to keep them.

I can't remember where I read it but someone didn't like how there was no longer a page up and down button. There still is a page function, you just use the channel up and down buttons.

Thanks dsimmon9 and JM42. Yep, I knew 32.0 remotes worked with HWSs. I have three of them and one time had them paired to one of my HWS until I got more 40.0s.

I can't remember where I read it but someone didn't like how there was no longer a page up and down button. There still is a page function, you just use the channel up and down buttons.
I was a bit surprised when my "first time" installer actually showed me that on the new remote!

I', glad its there - one more in the corner for the new remote :)

I'm sure the new remote can do just about everything the old remote can do it just seems to be hidden a little. They had to get creative in order to give it the same functionality with half the buttons.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I'm sure the new remote can do just about everything the old remote can do it just seems to be hidden a little. They had to get creative in order to give it the same functionality with half the buttons.
Setting recordings from the GUIDE does not work the same as the Hopper or HWS unless you use the 40 remote with the Red Record button or an IR remote with the record command . Other than that the 52. remote does about everything.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Setting recordings from the GUIDE does not work the same as the Hopper or HWS unless you use the 40 remote with the Red Record button or an IR remote with the record command . Other than that the 52. remote does about everything.
So pressing Select doesn't work?

Reactions: srheug

But I can still set to record a show from the guide though. In fact, I think I still do it the same way I use to.

kind of a bummer - those who upgrade to the H3 after the 50.0 remote is released get it for zip - it sounds like it will be the standard packaged remote. But we gotta drop another 50 bucks. On the other hand, we get to use the new Hopper now :)

I have no idea if it's better. I will be installing mine shortly and I'm sure it will take a few days to get use to it.

The reason for the new remote is to get rid of all the buttons. One of the biggest complaints from customers is that there are too many buttons and it's confusing.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same people who found "too many buttons confusing" are now finding too many button presses with fewer keys even more confusing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)