HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

How many TVs are you hooked up to with that, 3? Currently I believe you are paying $10 for the DVR and $10 for the 612 as a secondary receiver for a total of $10. If you went to a Hopper 3 with two Joeys it would be $15 for the DVR and $7 for each Joey for a total of $29.
Yeah I use 2 TV's, but I use TV2 out SDTV

Yeah I use 2 TV's, but I use TV2 out SDTV

If you are only watching two TVs then all you would need is a Hopper 3 and a Joey. Total fees would be $22/mo. These receivers do not have a coax out to go to any other TVs so if you planned on mirroring you would need an RF Modulator.

If you are only watching two TVs then all you would need is a Hopper 3 and a Joey. Total fees would be $22/mo. These receivers do not have a coax out to go to any other TVs so if you planned on mirroring you would need an RF Modulator.

Thanks for the info I was hoping it when been the same or cheaper. I guess I'll stick with this setup till they kick me off it!

FYI, for anyone thinking of going from a two older Hoppers to a H3 and worried about a backup, the WD Duo dual 2TB RAID mirror just setup OK. I will test the mirroring once I get some stuff moved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I agree that 2 H3 is a little much but depending on pricing and future updates to ever link them like the 2 hopper system now... I would think about a second one just for the simple fact if I only have one and something happens to it then your stuck with out tv

So it looks like they are planning on alowing two H3 on an account.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.
If they allow this, I may consider the upgrade. I currently have two hoppers and three joeys. I need the 2 TB of storage in each so that I can play recordings off of both . You can't access all of the recordings from Dish anywhere if they are on external hard drives. Sixteen tuners are more that enough on one hopper. Its the access to the content that is important to me. What the cost remain the same?

Reactions: Riah
The "old" Hopper doesn't need to be connected (??). Maybe they will extend or disable the automatic de-authorization after "x" days (??). Just speculating....
That is true too since I have a Directv HD DVR with content I am still watching after I discontinued service in 11/2012 with the cable disconnected before I cancelled service. It's the cable connected that can shut the box off I think.

Regarding Vivik's statement forwarded to Scott..........

They are.

Vivek forwarded me this message last night and said it was OK if I publicly posted it.

Option 2 – available towards the end of this year. We will have a new switch DPH42 – that will support using your existing 1000+ DISH and existing LNB and will also allow you to have more than one Hopper 3. So you will not require a 2nd DISH, will not have to change your current LNB and you can have multiple Hopper3’s. Since this part is still under development, I do not have a more specific date than Q4-2016 at this time.

After a long and arduous journey (having to trench the yard about 100 feet which is completed and tunnel underneath a sidewalk which has been a big pain but hopefully finished soon to relocate from WA to EA because of los and local hd channels), I plan to get an H3 with one Joey (which will need 1 RG6 from the dish) soon. For reasons not relevant to this thread, If I were to decide to get another H3 when this new switch is released, will there be a need for another RG6 from the dish for this switch?

If so, can I get the installer (Dish or retailer - whoever dish sends basically) to run an extra wire (will be running through the trench in poly pipe) for that contingency? NOTE: I would be happy to pay a reasonable charge for this AND I do not really want to do it myself now and don't want to pull another through the pipe later even though I will have means to do that..

I have two Hoppers and am also planning to replace both with h3's. I do a lot of recoding as I am out of town a lot. The second receiver is for the kids, so I don't have to filter through their crap on the dvr
Looks like I will need to a dish solution as I have WA plus 118.7.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I meant to ask a question, if I am remodeling my house in the future, how long can I suspend service since the house will be completely taken apart and new construction will expand the size of it so I won't even be here during the 7-12 months that's needed for the construction.

I meant to ask a question, if I am remodeling my house in the future, how long can I suspend service since the house will be completely taken apart and new construction will expand the size of it so I won't even be here during the 7-12 months that's needed for the construction.
You can put account on Hold for up to 6 months, at $5.00 per.

Regarding Vivik's statement forwarded to Scott..........

After a long and arduous journey (having to trench the yard about 100 feet which is completed and tunnel underneath a sidewalk which has been a big pain but hopefully finished soon to relocate from WA to EA because of los and local hd channels), I plan to get an H3 with one Joey (which will need 1 RG6 from the dish) soon. For reasons not relevant to this thread, If I were to decide to get another H3 when this new switch is released, will there be a need for another RG6 from the dish for this switch?

If so, can I get the installer (Dish or retailer - whoever dish sends basically) to run an extra wire (will be running through the trench in poly pipe) for that contingency? NOTE: I would be happy to pay a reasonable charge for this AND I do not really want to do it myself now and don't want to pull another through the pipe later even though I will have means to do that..

You will need a second cable if you were to get a second Hopper 3. Are you saying you only have one cable run through that trench?

No. I was just thinking of there being a second dish. I don't believe there are any details on the new switch yet.
I was hoping you had some details about the switch. The only info that I know of is what Vivek sent me in his email. I am trying to stay optimistic about this new DPH42 switch. I remember back in 2007 DISH was developing a new switch that would spot five birds. But it never did come about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)