Hopper 3 - What 3 Things Would You Change?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
  1. Return of single-button shortcut for closed captioning on/off. After my recent stroke, the green button was a lifesaver.
  2. Lack of a hard Stop button is less efficient for stuff like deleting watched programs.
  3. Lack of a hard Record dutton is less efficient.
FYI, if the forthcoming Voice Remote allows me to use the voice commands: "Captioning On (off)", "Stop" and "Record This," it would solve these problems as well as those beyond these Top Three..

1-OTA in Favorites List. 2-Fix the Weather App so I don't have to reboot after using 3- Stop funtion w/On Demand Internet downloads

Last edited:
1. Native passthru (yea, I know it's never been done before...I don't care, it DOES need to; it's 2016 & this IS supposed to be a "premium 4k DVR"!)
2. 3-hour guide
3. repeat of above

1. Option to disable Home Screen out of standby
2. Option to disable banner
3. 3 hour guide

Agree with all three, also wish I still had a red recording light, kinda made me feel more secure to know it was actually recording when it was supposed to :)
Only disappointment is the lack of a backlit remote (not necessarily a voice remote), and the fact that no one seems to be listening to the many customers that requested a user configurable update time like on the 722 - can it really be that difficult?

1. Option to add shortcuts to the Banner - you create whatever shortcut you want, Play DVD/BD, CC, Netflix, etc.
2. Change the Input button on the side to a toggle button that could also be programmed for different devices
3. Option to select what happens when you turn on your TV, home scree, favorite channel, last channel, BD

Reactions: voodooevil
1. Add Local News Streaming apps, almost all stations want you to watch their local news, there are no DMA restrictions for this and they play commercials to make money, Dish can add apps with simple URLS to play them. The Roku does this today with several apps.

2. Add all Streaming apps like Amazon, HBO Go ect

3. Add a NOAA Local Radar App, the weather channel and weather nations radar is bad, it should be like what you get on your iPhone, high quality
Why? As said in the Dish press release, Dish is Hiring 100 new App developers, Apple has also said the future of TV is about the apps

1. Anywhere Mobile app to actually show programs in "DVR" recorded by the Hopper 3
2. on guide: program info at top, show more hours on guide (even if it means showing less channels)
3. go back to the old remote - it was a good design. didn't even need to look at it - could do most button presses by feel.
only plus to the new remote is it takes 2 AA batteries instead of 4 AAA. i never use the new remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)