Hopper 3 with no Logos or DVR logos??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
I've had my H3 activated since Wednesday evening, but it's not showing the networks logos on the guide or any thumbnail logos in my DVR section. Also my searches are coming up blank...I've unplugged it for 5 mins then also did a check switch with no luck. Any suggestions?

I've had my H3 activated since Wednesday evening, but it's not showing the networks logos on the guide or any thumbnail logos in my DVR section. Also my searches are coming up blank...I've unplugged it for 5 mins then also did a check switch with no luck. Any suggestions?
Unplugging the hopper stops and restarts the downloads. Put the hopper and joeys in standby for a few hours and it will all download.

Reactions: JSheridan
If your using WIFI what is your signal strength? I had a 56-58 all of the logos were blank. I had to add a Netgear WIFI extender which increased the signal to 100. All icons are on the screen.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/WN3000RP.aspx

I've had my hopper 3 for a week now. Have had channel logos since the first day, but DVR pictures and pictures on the home page are non existant still. Just shows a generic grey box with the dish logo. Have tried soft and hard resets, as well as making sure all receivers are turned off at night so they update. Anyone else having the same problem? Or, how long did it take for your Hopper to completely settle in?

Thanks everyone for the advice! I turned all joeys and the H3 off before i went to bed and woke up this morning with everything downloaded and running smoothly!!
Oh were it that easy for everyone across the board - I've been doing that every night for the past 4 nights and I still don't have a single "icon" except for the EHD programs I copied back. And they already had their icons.

I've had my hopper 3 for a week now. Have had channel logos since the first day, but DVR pictures and pictures on the home page are non existant still. Just shows a generic grey box with the dish logo. Have tried soft and hard resets, as well as making sure all receivers are turned off at night so they update. Anyone else having the same problem? Or, how long did it take for your Hopper to completely settle in?
Same exact issue - channel logos appeared almost immediately but I'm going on 5 days with no DVR icons - just the gray "DISH". I figured i'd start rattling tech supports cages at the one wek mark but i doubt it would help.

I work for Dish and I'm starting to think it's got to be a software issue. Back when I got my first got my Hopper with Sling it took about 4 days for everything to download and settle in. Now, I'm on day 7 with the Hopper 3. Just seems a little ridiculous. I'm curious to hear from the rest of you about how long it took for your Hopper 3 to completely settle in.

I work for Dish and I'm starting to think it's got to be a software issue. Back when I got my first got my Hopper with Sling it took about 4 days for everything to download and settle in. Now, I'm on day 7 with the Hopper 3. Just seems a little ridiculous. I'm curious to hear from the rest of you about how long it took for your Hopper 3 to completely settle in.
We would appreciate any help - I too think that what I'm hearing and experiencing is a bit excessive. Day #5 for me with no DVR icons.

I work for Dish and I'm starting to think it's got to be a software issue.

Do you work for Dish corporate or as an installer? If corporate then you need to wake the management up over at Echostar and tell them part of their yearly performance review is to spend a minimum of 2 hours a month on the SatelliteGuys forum as well as your own! ;) To read all the posts from customers about this and other issues...and then do something about them!

I'm being (a bit) sarcastic, but some of these these issues like asset download and population has been going on for way too long. I've posted before, that I never understood why Dish relies on the satellite feed for downloading content at time of install. They should have the DVRs connect to a secure server if the household has a good Internet connection and behind the scenes load up the latest software, guide data and tiles (icons). Get at least let's say 80% of the guide data and icons then once the install is complete, the DVR can sit in the regular satellite feed to get the most recent data as needed.

Mine seemed to be working just fine within the first 24 hours.

We would appreciate any help - I too think that what I'm hearing and experiencing is a bit excessive. Day #5 for me with no DVR icons.

I had the same issue and had to set the standby setting to 2 hours- inactivity standby timeout and also make sure there was nothing scheduled to record over night. And manually put it in standby. I had everything populated the next morning. My ptat was acting odd and I fixed that by restoring the settings from the remote again.

Reactions: bookworm370
I had the same issue and had to set the standby setting to 2 hours- inactivity standby timeout and also make sure there was nothing scheduled to record over night. And manually put it in standby. I had everything populated the next morning. My ptat was acting odd and I fixed that by restoring the settings from the remote again.
I actually did all of that - 4 days ago. This seems odd.

Just for Jeepers, try this. Make sure all of your equipment is in standby. Now, unplug the Hopper for 30 seconds. Now, plug it back in and let it go through its cycle. What do you see now?

I did the same as MrBrock and the very next day all my guide was downloaded and tiles started to populate. Searches also then started to work as well as the little arrow in the guide line that shows that it has another airing later on.