Hopper 3 with no Logos or DVR logos??

Damn, just woke up after shutting off all my receivers last night hoping to wake up to logos and a search that works... Nothing yet. Going to try and Rbr the Hopper. It's been 5 days for me.

Don't reboot your receiver just to generate logos. I would only reboot if there is a problem that prevents you from watching TV.

For the ones saying that all equipment is in standby and that still doesn't work. Do you have recordings happening or about to start? If so tuners are still being used and the system won't do a guide update. I would say the fix for 90% of everyone has been this.

Didn't someone one here say something about getting their receiver to do a switch check? This usually forces the receiver to update the guide and other data.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
Didn't someone one here say something about getting their receiver to do a switch check? This usually forces the receiver to update the guide and other data.
I was told that - I was really hopeful, going on day #6 but I tried with no luck :( (I'm not sure if I'm supposed to shut down after the check or not?)

What really has me befuddled is the fact that some people had the recording tiles almost immediately - the same day of their install. Others have waited 3, 4, 5, - going on 6 days..... why? I'm been told "don't reboot - it slows things down." and "do reboot - you should be good afterwards". Why the huge disparity between experience with this issue? I had the channel guide logos right away - the same kind of "art" that the recorded programs use, yet they are just drab, gray "DISH" icons. I can't help but wonder if the hardware is bad or maybe the initial firmware/software. Maybe a "factory reset"? That would be a bummer - so many recordings.

Yeah you should reset to factory defaults. It won't delete your recordings. Just settings. Then check the inactivity standby timeout and set to 2 hours. Also run all the diagnosis checks.
Status - check status-Send status.
Network - Reset network
Dish - test installation
If those don't do it tonight then contact dirt or Scott on this forum.

Reactions: xfoneguy
What really has me befuddled is the fact that some people had the recording tiles almost immediately - the same day of their install. Others have waited 3, 4, 5, - going on 6 days..... why? I'm been told "don't reboot - it slows things down." and "do reboot - you should be good afterwards". Why the huge disparity between experience with this issue? I had the channel guide logos right away - the same kind of "art" that the recorded programs use, yet they are just drab, gray "DISH" icons. I can't help but wonder if the hardware is bad or maybe the initial firmware/software. Maybe a "factory reset"? That would be a bummer - so many recordings.
My day of installation the icons of recorded shows were generic & remain so. Beginning on the 2nd day & every day since, art work is present. Who knows......?

Another oddity is the Joeys have Netflix present in the Apps but not the H3 although, it is present in the H3 Menu.

This seems to be a fairly sophisticated device and I don't find it surprising that all the bugs were not identified while in testing - just not the same as out in the wild under thousands of varying setups & conditions. I'm betting Dish moves expeditiously with updates to smooth things out, this is a game changing receiver that will be heavily promoted - user experiences will be important.

My day of installation the icons of recorded shows were generic & remain so. Beginning on the 2nd day & every day since, art work is present. Who knows......?

Another oddity is the Joeys have Netflix present in the Apps but not the H3 although, it is present in the H3 Menu.

This seems to be a fairly sophisticated device and I don't find it surprising that all the bugs were not identified while in testing - just not the same as out in the wild under thousands of varying setups & conditions. I'm betting Dish moves expeditiously with updates to smooth things out, this is a game changing receiver that will be heavily promoted - user experiences will be important.
the Netflix issue is "documented" - if you try to access from H3, it tells you that it works on the Joey now - Feb 11 for H3

Yeah you should reset to factory defaults. It won't delete your recordings. Just settings. Then check the inactivity standby timeout and set to 2 hours. Also run all the diagnosis checks.
Status - check status-Send status.
Network - Reset network
Dish - test installation
If those don't do it tonight then contact dirt or Scott on this forum.
seriously? I won't lose recordings? If not, it's a no-brainer - definitely worth a shot!

I totally agree = this thing doesnt seem to be ready for prime-time yet

seriously? I won't lose recordings? If not, it's a no-brainer - definitely worth a shot!
All tests are successful with one exception: the "status" window - the middle test (I can't remember what it's called and my box is downloading guide info) hangs at "step 180 of 192" - not sure how important that is. I waited a good 30 mins or so and that's as far as it got. When I'm done with everything, I'll let it run the rest of the night while i'm sleeping. Any thoughts? Even with the new U303 firmware, I still don't have program tiles.
UPDATE: I re-ran all tests and they are good - did the factory reset with no luck on fixing this issue. I'm out of ideas. I think I need tech HELP!

Last edited:
Still U301 for me. I wonder if they are rolling this out in phases over the next few days. Have you noticed any improvements or fixes to some of the other issues posted here?
No fixes that I've noticed so far but overall it seems to be somewhat faster and maybe flows a bit smoother. I'm guessing that this was maybe one of those "under the hood" type improvements. Almost a week into my new Hopper and I STILL do not have my recorded program tiles. Bummer!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts