Hopper 3 with no Logos or DVR logos??

No fixes that I've noticed so far but overall it seems to be somewhat faster and maybe flows a bit smoother. I'm guessing that this was maybe one of those "under the hood" type improvements. Almost a week into my new Hopper and I STILL do not have my recorded program tiles. Bummer!!
Curious too that they jumped from 301 to 303

All tests are successful with one exception: the "status" window - the middle test (I can't remember what it's called and my box is downloading guide info) hangs at "step 180 of 192" - not sure how important that is. I waited a good 30 mins or so and that's as far as it got. When I'm done with everything, I'll let it run the rest of the night while i'm sleeping. Any thoughts? Even with the new U303 firmware, I still don't have program tiles.
UPDATE: I re-ran all tests and they are good - did the factory reset with no luck on fixing this issue. I'm out of ideas. I think I need tech HELP!

Do you have channel logos in the guide? Is your search working? PTAT setup?
It can still take sometime after the download that you got last night to sort itself out. It needs to do some indexing in the background. Im still on U301. I guess I will run those diag tests to see if they trigger the U303 download for me.

It can still take sometime after the download that you got last night to sort itself out. It needs to do some indexing in the background. Im still on U301. I guess I will run those diag tests to see if they trigger the U303 download for me.
You may be right about what happened last night will take a while .... I do have all the channel logos - had them from day 1. VOD, Search, PTAT are (and have been) working. So more time I guess. Thanks.

Try unplugging For about 3 minutes. Plug it back in and let it boot. Make sure nothing is recording and all the joeys are off. Turn off the hopper. Wait 20 minutes and try and see if there is any improvement
WELL! I've tried so many things the past couple of days that I'm kind of lost, BUT - since taking your suggestion to heart, lo and behold..... for the first time - I am now getting actual picture-type tiles in my DVR folder. The tiles that were there remain unchanged - sort of. What I mean by that is this: many (if not most) of my recordings are "series" programming. It appears that when a new episode is recorded, the gray "DISH" icon is replaced with the "picture-icon". And anything else new that is recording now has the pic-icon. So whatever happened (and I'm inclined to think it just might have at least something to do with Patrick) after almost a week of whining, my wish has come true. Thank you all for the help and suggestions!

Reactions: Patrick Smith
WELL! I've tried so many things the past couple of days that I'm kind of lost, BUT - since taking your suggestion to heart, lo and behold..... for the first time - I am now getting actual picture-type tiles in my DVR folder. The tiles that were there remain unchanged - sort of. What I mean by that is this: many (if not most) of my recordings are "series" programming. It appears that when a new episode is recorded, the gray "DISH" icon is replaced with the "picture-icon". And anything else new that is recording now has the pic-icon. So whatever happened (and I'm inclined to think it just might have at least something to do with Patrick) after almost a week of whining, my wish has come true. Thank you all for the help and suggestions!
Glad to here its finally starting to work for you! What was the trick that finally worked?

Glad to here its finally starting to work for you! What was the trick that finally worked?
Well, there was the new update last night? - maybe. Then I went thru all the diagnostics as someone suggested. Maybe? But in the end, I tried what you had suggested, then just picked a random program from the guide and when I went to the DVR view - VOILA! I had a picture-icon for it - the first one (except for a few EHD recordings I transferred which already had the pics associated with them). So I would say file this away in case it happens to someone else.
And - thanks again.

Well, there was the new update last night? - maybe. Then I went thru all the diagnostics as someone suggested. Maybe? But in the end, I tried what you had suggested, then just picked a random program from the guide and when I went to the DVR view - VOILA! I had a picture-icon for it - the first one (except for a few EHD recordings I transferred which already had the pics associated with them). So I would say file this away in case it happens to someone else.
And - thanks again.
No problem! Maybe a mix of both! Glad its working and you can start to really enjoy your Hopper 3

No problem! Maybe a mix of both! Glad its working and you can start to really enjoy your Hopper 3
While it wasn't really a strictly functional issue, it was - let's face it - UGLY. And actually the pic/icons do help spot a particular program to a certain extent especially when there are dozens of tiles that otherwise all look alike. Kind of a "needle in a haystack" sort of thing.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
I know, drudging up an old thread. But I like searching. Any who, Just got Hopper 3 a couple days ago (ver U309 5/21/2016) and it only shows the Channel Logos and not any DVR icons. I checked the nightly schedule, and my wife is recording shows 24x7 so it has no downtime. Sounds like I need to schedule some "maintenance" windows ;-)

Reactions: D. Manley
I know, drudging up an old thread. But I like searching. Any who, Just got Hopper 3 a couple days ago (ver U309 5/21/2016) and it only shows the Channel Logos and not any DVR icons. I checked the nightly schedule, and my wife is recording shows 24x7 so it has no downtime. Sounds like I need to schedule some "maintenance" windows ;-)
Word is after 72 hours it will force it for you.

Follow up: Thanks, it did finally start populating a couple of days ago, including all the Cast and Review information that was previously blank, although, it did coincide with the updated software version U313 (6/1/2016 at 7:15am). Either way, thought I would update in case anyone searches for this again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts