Hopper 4(Is One Coming)??

Yesterday, while on the phone a DISH tech support agent, I was told that Hopper 4 is coming soon. I was given no other details.

I was having trouble with my Hopper 3 yesterday, so I got tech support on the phone. They ran the software update for me, and my problem was solved.

So I asked why the update did not run on its own. The tech support phone agent did not have an answer. So then, I asked if I could just get a new Hopper 3 so I wouldn't have the problem in the future. He told me to wait for the Hopper 4.

There is NO Hopper 4 coming or in the works at this time. I do not know how to say this any clearer.
350.png

Why would one be necessary? The Hopper 3 is still very advanced. The only way I can see the need for one is for ATSC 3.0 support, but then you'd need a new external OTA tuner as well. Or maybe a Hopper 4 could support an OTA tuner with more than just two OTA tuners. Unless I'm missing something I don't know what else would be needed to need a new version of Hopper? Unless you want more tuners, but isn't 16 enough? Heck, the Big Four Networks all work on just one tuner as well (even if you don't use Primetime Anytime), so if you record 4 of your shows on the Big Four, that's 19 tuners, and 21 if you use a dual OTA tuner on top of that.

Dish needs to do a external over the air toggle for the folks who are getting atsc 3.0 and have gotten it so far. Just my own opinion.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yesterday, while on the phone a DISH tech support agent, I was told that Hopper 4 is coming soon. I was given no other details.

I was having trouble with my Hopper 3 yesterday, so I got tech support on the phone. They ran the software update for me, and my problem was solved.

So I asked why the update did not run on its own. The tech support phone agent did not have an answer. So then, I asked if I could just get a new Hopper 3 so I wouldn't have the problem in the future. He told me to wait for the Hopper 4.
I had a customer coming back to Dish who was told that signal is better because there are new towers and satellites now....

The only "imminent" is price increases. I like how they quietly slipped this last 1 on us, not even a thread about it. By far the slickest and quietest price increase in recent memory.

The only "imminent" is price increases. I like how they quietly slipped this last 1 on us, not even a thread about it. By far the slickest and quietest price increase in recent memory.
You mean the Dish increase we were discussing last November? That one?

You mean the Dish increase we were discussing last November? That one?

Lol, guess I missed it.

A H4, amongst other things, could support higher compression. And streaming- both seamless (more or less) with satellite, and for many, most, “all” streaming? And HDR10 & DV. More memory, for future features.

If they could swing a unified EPG UI, that would be fantastic! And if they built in DVR features to all or almost all- well, I feel faint!

Reactions: charlesrshell
A H4, amongst other things, could support higher compression. And streaming- both seamless (more or less) with satellite, and for many, most, “all” streaming? And HDR10 & DV. More memory, for future features.

If they could swing a unified EPG UI, that would be fantastic! And if they built in DVR features to all or almost all- well, I feel faint!
Where is navychop and what have you done with him!!??!?!? This post is clearly not from the real navychop because there isn’t one word about a new Hopper requiring a Red LED Recording-in-Progress Indicator!
:devilish

This post is clearly not from the real navychop because there isn’t one word about a new Hopper requiring a Red LED Recording-in-Progress Indicator!
No kidding. ;)

Somebody hacked my FB account because Gary got a friend request from "me" when we were already friends! Fortunately he told me about it, or I would not have known. Scumbag hackers! Now my password is even longer and harder to guess, although I think FB should execute countermeasures if people are throwing millions of guesses at it.

The same thing could have happened to navycop.