Hopper 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because FiOS would be cheaper, at least in the short run. And I simply don’t trust Dish anymore. It’s been a steady degradation of service. Losing the ability to roll over a timer to Hopper 2 when the tuners on Hopper 1 are full - gone. 4X - gone. Slow forward and reverse - degraded. The ability to watch one Hopper from another - essentially gone.

That last one infuriates me. And the delay in fixing it. I cannot help but wonder what is next.

And we get useless updates that do nothing to restore that which they broke.

In any event, we will likely hold off making any changes until September, after our trip.

Good for you. You will never know how much nicer the H3 is until if you upgrade someday.

I actually have used an H3 for quite a few hours at a friends. I can't say that it struck me as all that much nicer than the H2. Sure, it's a bit quicker switching screens, but that's never bothered me with the H2. I don't switch screens that much, and I'm retired so I have lot's of time anyway. And my H2's have those nice red recording lights... ;)

Because FiOS would be cheaper, at least in the short run. And I simply don’t trust Dish anymore. It’s been a steady degradation of service. Losing the ability to roll over a timer to Hopper 2 when the tuners on Hopper 1 are full - gone. 4X - gone. Slow forward and reverse - degraded. The ability to watch one Hopper from another - essentially gone.

That last one infuriates me. And the delay in fixing it. I cannot help but wonder what is next.

And we get useless updates that do nothing to restore that which they broke.

In any event, we will likely hold off making any changes until September, after our trip.
Understand. Hope you have a nice trip.

Reactions: pattykay
Don't worry, Hopper-to-Hopper will certainly be fixed by then! LOL

But what will be broken? Defeat skip ahead? That’d get me to FiOS in a hurry.

I guess I should add- I don’t think Dish can make a significant release without breaking something.

Reactions: TheKrell
...and checking on the red recording in progress LED.
:D
record.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts