Hopper 4k

Dwa723

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2018
Portland oregon
just need advise please wanna ask a question. I have the regular Hooper under 2 year commitment. Want to upgrade to Hooper 3. The question is that the regular Hooper I’m using 2 dish’s one dish 500 the other is for the HD. I was told that I cannot do this with the Hooper 3 with a 44 switch. Do I need to upgrade the dish if so what dish. Also can I run the 2 dish’s.
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: johnr475
just need advise please wanna ask a question. I have the regular Hooper under 2 year commitment. Want to upgrade to Hooper 3. The question is that the regular Hooper I’m using 2 dish’s one dish 500 the other is for the HD. I was told that I cannot do this with the Hooper 3 with a 44 switch. Do I need to upgrade the dish if so what dish. Also can I run the 2 dish’s.
Thank you for your time.
A DPH42 switch can be added and it would work just fine. Is there a specific reason you have a 44 switch? Your node would also have to change to a hub as well...

Reactions: Dwa723
Cause I was using a 922 before ..what dish and lnb should I be using.

Not sure if this is allowed can you please send me you email so I’m able to take some pictures to make sure I will not need other equipment to <email removed> . Again if this is allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is allowed can you please send me you email so I’m able to take some pictures to make sure I will not need other equipment to <email removed> . Again if this is allowed.
You really need to edit/delete your email!!!! You can start at Conversation, which is like email, just secure and private within the forum..

It's best to send a fellow member a pm if you would like to contact them. I'd advise against putting your email on the public forum.

Reactions: KE4EST
Click on a member's name or avatar. You will get the member's info screen, which will include "Start a Conversation" Likewise, if someone wants to contact you, they will do the same.

93C6E3C6-62B3-4112-AEAD-5469E0565BF5.jpeg
DB2B0E00-764B-4E51-8F38-DFAFA6BD725B.jpeg
20D86D95-A44B-4CE5-916E-860302034BC1.jpeg
6094978C-EE71-4985-ADC8-CD54A74EEF39.jpeg
89012226-9E65-4E37-8489-F238FDB4563B.jpeg
89012226-9E65-4E37-8489-F238FDB4563B.jpeg 129 hd129 hd
That’s why the regular hopper works. However they are saying the hopper 3 will not be able to use both individual satellite dishes. The large dish has trees that are blocking the 129 signal that is why I have a smaller dish that clears the trees and able to do that. The reason why the dishes are concealed is because I live in a condo and strata will not allow it

Attachments

• E757FC13-B3AD-4FED-B229-6EDE72019D07.jpeg
    E757FC13-B3AD-4FED-B229-6EDE72019D07.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 125
The Hopper 3 will work just fine with two dishes when you use a DPH42 switch. So, you would remove the 44 switch and replace it with the 42 switch. The coaxes fron your 2 dishes go to 42 switch. If you are using just one receiver, the Hopper 3, you can run a single coax from the 42 switch to the Hopper 3. If you are using Joeys, you need a solo node. Some of our installers will show you how it all wires.

If you have LOS to the eastern arc, you put up a hybrid, 1000.2 dish and use the 129 wing dish, cable ran to the input on the Hybrid eastern arc LNBF, the swap the solo node for a solo hub. I've done this before in areas where the HD locals are on the 129

The Hopper 3 will work just fine with two dishes when you use a DPH42 switch. So, you would remove the 44 switch and replace it with the 42 switch. The coaxes fron your 2 dishes go to 42 switch. If you are using just one receiver, the Hopper 3, you can run a single coax from the 42 switch to the Hopper 3. If you are using Joeys, you need a solo node. Some of our installers will show you how it all wires.
Solo hub, you mean?

If you have LOS to the eastern arc, you put up a hybrid, 1000.2 dish and use the 129 wing dish, cable ran to the input on the Hybrid eastern arc LNBF, the swap the solo node for a solo hub. I've done this before in areas where the HD locals are on the 129
He’s in Portland, OR, he would be better off using the existing dishes with the 42 switch to bring hybrid into the picture.

Reactions: HipKat
Sorry confused can I run the same head changing to a 42 switch a sole node? I’ll also be running 2 wireless joey’s.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what’s the difference between dp42 switch and a dpp 44? Can we use a dpp 44 with a hopper 3
No, DPH is Hybrid, which the Hopper 3 requires. DPP is not Hybrid. a 44 Switch is DPP, as is a Solo Node

A 42 switch converts a DPP dish setup to Hybrid, then you'd need a Hybrid Solo Hub in between the 42 Switch and the Hopper 3

No, DPH is Hybrid, which the Hopper 3 requires. DPP is not Hybrid. a 44 Switch is DPP, as is a Solo Node

A 42 switch converts a DPP dish setup to Hybrid, then you'd need a Hybrid Solo Hub in between the 42 Switch and the Hopper 3
He's using wireless Joeys. I think there is no need for a solo hub in his configuration. He can go directly for the 42 switch to the Hopper 3.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts