Hopper At 100% on Hard Drive

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
I reached full capacity on my Hopper hard drive last night of 100%. I noticed this morning it has continued to record shows as scheduled. I have some shows sitting in my deleted folder still that have not been deleted because it's still within the 48 Hour window. My question is how is the Hopper still recording programs and not deleting anything in the process, even though it is at 100% capacity? Will it eventually start deleting programs in the deleted folder first before deleting programs that I have not viewed yet?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes it will clear out the deleted recordings, then start deleting unprotected recordings starting with the oldest first. You can protect recordings that you don't want deleted.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yes it will clear out the deleted recordings, then start deleting unprotected recordings starting with the oldest first. You can protect recordings that you don't want deleted.

Thank you Halo. I guess the thing that is surprising me is that none of the files in the deleted folder have been removed yet, despite the hard drive being at 100% and the fact that shows have continued to be recorded today. I just figured I would have started seeing those files disappear at this point, but maybe they will as the day goes on.

Last edited:
Maybe it's really at 99.6% and just rounded up? Lol. I haven't filled a Hopper to the brim just yet so not sure on what's going on with what you're seeing. I do know that it will delete deleted recordings first though.

Ok I now have an update and am starting to see files from the deleted folder removed as new programs begin to be recorded and the capacity is down to 99%. Thanks everyone for input and I will consider an EHD as well :). Thanks again everyone..much appreciated.

I do have one more question-The PTAT recordings are stored on a different section of hard drive correct? Therefore it will not impact storage capacity that is nearing the 100% section?

The PTAT folder can occupy up to 19% of your available recording space.

The PTAT folder can occupy up to 19% of your available recording space.

Wow. Thank you Halo for that info. Did not know it could use up that much space.

Wow. Thank you Halo for that info. Did not know it could use up that much space.

It's not that much (relatively). As suggested by thomas, get an EHD if you need more space

So question:

Is the % disk full:

1) % of the 500 Gig for My Recordings
2) % of the 1G (500/500) for the combo of My Recordings and PTAT
3) % of the entire 2 gig?

From the above responses I think it's number 2, correct?

I have been at 100% also. I don't know where it kept recording or what it deleted, but I would like to know.
I am currnetly at 97%. I do have an EHD, but I still can't see the shows I want to move to the EHD, because it only displays about 20% of the recordings in the transfer screen/

* * * WILL THEY EVER FIX THIS? * * *

I believed I read here that they increased the "user" partition to about 1.2TB of the 2TB.
(Note disk makers quote TB for 1000^4 bytes. We use 1024^4 for that notation. The same for kB MB and GB.)

You can't see the titles because you have too many groups by title.
You may do better without grouping them. Then you would pick each show.

-Ken

Preparing for the Hopper installer.

Need help with reconnecting Dish VIP722K & VIP222K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)