Hopper Duo

How much DVR fee have you been paying with your 722? If it's $7 and the Duo is $10 a month then that's the $3 difference. Unless you got some kind of special deal the Joey is another $7 a month.

Don't shoot the messenger. :)
I don't know that you are a messenger. I had already said it was $3.22 additional. You guys then said it was more money above that but Dish says different on the phone.

Do you know what DIRT is? Dish Internet Response Team. They are reliable and could look at your order/account and tell you exactly what is going on, if you let them.

Currently JasmineD@DISH and JamesL@dish are online now.

It's not that we're trying to give you a hard time, just that we're just as curious as you are, since this is a recent change in Dish's policy and as a dealer and a current 722 user, we'd like to know the details of the upgrade.

Reactions: TheKrell
OK. Good luck to ya. Adios.
The situation, as I believe (or hope) it to be, is that fees for the Duo and Joey are accounted for in the additional $3.22. That would jive with what I was told by Dish. But if the other guy is right and they come back and ask for more money to have HD on the 2nd TV then it's bait and switch and nullifies the contract, it would also probably violate a few laws. I don't believe you meant to imply they are guilty of wrongdoing.

It's not that we're trying to give you a hard time, just that we're just as curious as you are, since this is a recent change in Dish's policy and as a dealer and a current 722 user, we'd like to know the details of the upgrade.

You're not giving me a hard time, you're wasting my time.

I did verify, with Dish. What more can I do? Call a 3rd time and accuse them of bait and switch because some guy on a forum said so? What do you think they will say to that?
I am not saying to call Dish again. I am saying to make sure that the installer adds a Joey, and check your bill afterward to see how the fees are itemized. It is quite possible that you got the new customer discounted rate. ($5 per month DVR fee and $5 per month Joey fee.) Other members considering the same upgrade will be curious to know, so they will know what to ask for if Dish does not automatically offer them the same deal.

I didn't get special anything that I know of, the website says the Duo does HD in 2 rooms. Tech support says it comes with a free Joey. I just looked at my new bill and it matches what they told me on the phone. Who am I supposed to believe?

How did you check your new bill? If you checked it at mydish.com, you can see the itemized breakdown of all the charges. Easy to see if you are getting a free (doubtful) or discounted Joey and how much you are paying for the Hopper Duo.

Edit. In reading through earlier posts, it looks like you haven't yet upgraded to the Hopper Duo/Joey system. If that is the case, your bill won't even show the new fees until the new equipment is activated.

Call a 3rd time and accuse them of bait and switch because some guy on a forum said so?

You don't need to accuse the phone CSR of anything. But you really should pay attention to the help people are trying to give you. We are not just some guys on a forum. There is the Dish Internet Response Team right here, and they are about 10X better than most folks you could reach on a phone call. There are Dish retailers here. Why won't you listen to them? Why not contact DIRT? I have personally corresponded with DIRT so many times, I've lost count! And they have never steered me wrong. Telephone CSRs? They are notorious for goof ups. Did you get a great deal? Perhaps; I hope you did. If that is the case, we all want to know about it.

To be clear, I never asked for help. It was "volunteered," with a smarmy attitude by dare2be, but I called Dish to verify that the price they gave me, that already shows up on mydish, is the price and includes a Joey if one is needed. Dish says yes. And that just made people mad. Don't take it out on me that Dish didn't give the answer you wanted or pretend this drama is for my benefit.

C'mon Krell, you're just wasting his time.
Don't appeal to them. I said "you" wasted my time. You were the one trying get people riled in the first place and now you're creating drama. No thanks. I'm done.

I was never smarmy until the end. I offered information and a caution about the 2nd TV needing a Joey which normally carries an additional $7 fee. That is one of the many reasons I haven't upgraded to a Hopper. Plus, since you said in another thread that you weren't interested in increasing your monthly bill, I was giving you a heads up. Now you hopefully know from other posts here that sales people and CSRs are unreliable, so caveat emptor.

No good deed...

And for the record, after reading back through the thread, you are the one who got smarmy with me first with your "lol at" and "wasting my time" comments. Up until then I'd been nothing but cordial to you.

You reap what you sow.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)