Hopper Duo

Well, what I meant was that an external USB fan helped tremendously in keeping operating temperatures under control. It was necessary for me here in FL where in the summer months the house could barely stay at 77 degrees.

Post #250 is where I listed the missing features. I was going off of my own 722 (not k), so built-in OTA doesn't apply to you. :)
You'll have to use more words. Nothing on that list jumps out at me. I don't use dish pass whatever that is.

Dish Pass is the enhanced timer functionality that allows you to set timers based on partial show names, descriptions, actors, etc, no matter what channel or time the show airs. The new "Seek and Record" function on the Hoppers is different and much more limited in what it can do.

Reactions: TheKrell
Then why does my dish and tech support say different? What you're telling me is that dish is doing a bait and switch.

I'm just telling you the pricing info that Dish has given us. I don't know if you got some kind of special price or anything else about your particular situation.

I didn't get special anything that I know of, the website says the Duo does HD in 2 rooms. Tech support says it comes with a free Joey. I just looked at my new bill and it matches what they told me on the phone. Who am I supposed to believe?

Like I said, maybe it's a new policy change for upgrades of existing ViP customers. (ViP referring to the 612, 622, 722 family of receivers)

Doesn’t the DUO have the apps like Netflix? HD output to two TVs, voice remote. I’m sure I am forgetting some.
How about the 24/7 ability to record four locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) on Tuner 2 while watching or recording something else on Tuner 1. (The Hopper Duo will never support the automatic PTAT recording or AutoHop, but the four locals on one tuner functionality still works for individual timers.)

For comparison, I just went through the process to sign up as a new customer and here is what was listed for the Hopper Duo:

upload_2018-3-22_15-59-40.png

So, after the discounts expire, the regular rate for a Duo with a Joey is $17/mo. $10 for DVR, and $7 for Joey.

You might have to wait until your first PDF bill is generated and see how the line-item charges are shown.

I didn't get special anything that I know of, the website says the Duo does HD in 2 rooms. Tech support says it comes with a free Joey. I just looked at my new bill and it matches what they told me on the phone. Who am I supposed to believe?

Yup, the Duo does HD in 2 rooms, when you add a Joey. From what we've been told the Joey is a free upgrade but the monthly price is $7 a month. That's all I know.

Dish Pass is the enhanced timer functionality that allows you to set timers based on partial show names, descriptions, actors, etc, no matter what channel or time the show airs. The new "Seek and Record" function on the Hoppers is different and much more limited in what it can do.
How do you access dish pass on a 722k? I've never used it.

How do you access dish pass on a 722k? I've never used it.
There are many ways, but off the top of my head: Go into timers, and Dish Pass is one of the options on the right. Also, if you press enter on a show in the guide, the screen that gives you the timer options also has a Dish Pass button

Yup, the Duo does HD in 2 rooms, when you add a Joey. From what we've been told the Joey is a free upgrade but the monthly price is $7 a month. That's all I know.
That jives with what they told me, that's why I'm paying an extra $3.22 month, but they told me it was for the Duo. They never mentioned a Joey.

There are many ways, but off the top of my head: Go into timers, and Dish Pass is one of the options on the right. Also, if you click on a show in the guide, the screen that gives you the timer options also has a Dish Pass button

I don't remember ever seeing that button. I've been using 722s for 15 years.

That jives with what they told me, that's why I'm paying an extra $3.22 month, but they told me it was for the Duo. They never mentioned a Joey.
My guess is that the work order doesn't include the Joey, and you won't have signal to your 2nd TV, or you are getting new customer discounts for the DVR fee and Joey fee, which would typically last 24 months.

Reactions: JSheridan

How much DVR fee have you been paying with your 722? If it's $7 and the Duo is $10 a month then that's the $3 difference. Unless you got some kind of special deal the Joey is another $7 a month.

Don't shoot the messenger. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts