Hopper Duo

Give it a day or 2 and the lag should work it's way out, but they do have built in WiFi. I've seen some hoppers, you need to add an adapter to get the settings to show WiFi Setup, then remove it and the tech should have done that for you, not that an adapter won't work, too

Not doubting your word, but how does that happen? Does the machine have a learning curve or something?
Well one, there are things going on in the background, 2 it needs to settle in, like any device. Ever notice your phone battery lasts longer after a few days and a half dozen reboots? That's the kernel settling in. Same thing here. It's the reason people keep saying wait 3 days to add and EHD to a Hopper

Well one, there are things going on in the background, 2 it needs to settle in, like any device. Ever notice your phone battery lasts longer after a few days and a half dozen reboots? That's the kernel settling in. Same thing here. It's the reason people keep saying wait 3 days to add and EHD to a Hopper

The 'kernel settling in'? I've never heard that one before. :biggrin

Not doubting your word, but how does that happen? Does the machine have a learning curve or something?

For the Hopper3 receiver it would be busy downloading the VOD and some of the settings for the apps when it is first installed. Of course when I upgraded from my two Hopper with Sling receivers to my two Hopper3 receivers I plugged in my external hard drives and my USB OTA tuners immediately with no problems.

Reactions: HipKat
The 'kernel settling in'? I've never heard that one before. :biggrin
I used to dev ROMS for Rooted Android devices back before they became so much more complicated and companies like Verizon started (illegally) locking down bootloaders so customers can't root their phones. I'm a recognized contributor on XDA and was a dev on the old SDX-Developers site. Flashing a new ROM always came with the disclaimer that battery life will be stable after several days and reboots to let the ROM and device settle in

For the DVR fee, I was at 7$ (Loyal cust.) with my VIP612, now I'm at 10$ with the Duo. Is that the correct fee?

Well, there might be our first confirmation whether "Loyal Customer DVR" would stick after upgrading to a Hopper family receiver. Survey says: BUZZZZ

I'd complain that you're still a "loyal customer" and that you should keep your loyal customer $7 DVR fee.

Meanwhile......the learning curve must be a long one! That receiver with its remote is really frustrating. You can hold the remote steadily in one place, send some commands and one or two may pass and the other are completely ignored. Or sometimes, I have to let the command "sink in" the receiver. IOW, I send a command and will have to wait for the receiver to digest it before sending anything else.

Also, it seems the 54.0 remote is UHF only for the receiver commands. It has IR but for other equipment only. I would've liked the be able to use IR (and deactivate UHF) for receiver commands.

... Also, it seems the 54.0 remote is UHF only for the receiver commands. It has IR but for other equipment only. I would've liked the be able to use IR (and deactivate UHF) for receiver commands.

You could just use an older style remote like the 20.1. Just be sure the remote address is set to 1 and IR is turned on in the Hopper.

Meanwhile......the learning curve must be a long one! That receiver with its remote is really frustrating. You can hold the remote steadily in one place, send some commands and one or two may pass and the other are completely ignored. Or sometimes, I have to let the command "sink in" the receiver. IOW, I send a command and will have to wait for the receiver to digest it before sending anything else.

Also, it seems the 54.0 remote is UHF only for the receiver commands. It has IR but for other equipment only. I would've liked the be able to use IR (and deactivate UHF) for receiver commands.

Did your kernel settle yet?

Reactions: Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)