Hopper Duo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tried an old 5.3 IR remote and it works well. Only problem, in some menus, options or listings are selected with red/green/yellow/blue buttons which my remote doesn't have. On the plus side, PIP functions are better.

As for the kernel, neither of my remotes are able to get that status in the menus.

And coming back to the 54.0, as I understand it, it works thru UHF and communicates both ways. Is it possible to change UHF remote address or "repair" the remote with the receiver?

Tried an old 5.3 IR remote and it works well. Only problem, in some menus, options or listings are selected with red/green/yellow/blue buttons which my remote doesn't have. On the plus side, PIP functions are better.

As for the kernel, neither of my remotes are able to get that status in the menus.

And coming back to the 54.0, as I understand it, it works thru UHF and communicates both ways. Is it possible to change UHF remote address or "repair" the remote with the receiver?

Maybe try a 20.X IR remote. It has the color buttons.

Reactions: HipKat
I thought the Duo only had one "experience", like the 612. Are you sure you want to give up your 722k?
I don't know what that means. I don't post enough to know the lingo, or Dish lingo. I know the 722k is outdated crap that gets so hot it melted one of the rubber feet.

The 722 experience: turbine engine fan that doesn't work so the boxes overheat and die every 2 to 5 years. The joy of reprogramming my timers and losing my recordings at the same interval. Dishanywhere doesn't work. The interface is super slow. HD on only one television. Who would want to give that up.

Reactions: Cheddar_Head
You do realize that your 2nd TV will not be serviced by the Duo, right? You would need to add a Joey to that location for another $7 more per month. So your total additional outlay would be $10 more per month.

My 722 properly ventilated lasted from 2011 to 2017, when the tuners started to go bad. I expect to get at least another 5 years out of this one.

Reactions: TheKrell
The 722k does not have a built in OTA. Doesn’t the DUO have the apps like Netflix? HD output to two TVs, voice remote. I’m sure I am forgetting some.

Reactions: pattykay
You do realize that your 2nd TV will not be serviced by the Duo, right? You would need to add a Joey to that location for another $7 more per month. So your total additional outlay would be $10 more per month.

My 722 properly ventilated lasted from 2011 to 2017, when the tuners started to go bad. I expect to get at least another 5 years out of this one.

According to mydish, it's HD on 2 TV's, nothing about additional equipment. I can't verify your claim but I'll call right now and ask. Also lol at properly ventilated. All of mine have been on an open stand, same stand they melted on.

That's contrary to everything we've read here, unless they recently changed policy for existing customer upgrades.
Show me something from dish that proves what you are claiming because right now I can't verify anything you've said. Also you never followed up and explained all the missing features.

Also lol at properly ventilated.
Well, what I meant was that an external USB fan helped tremendously in keeping operating temperatures under control. It was necessary for me here in FL where in the summer months the house could barely stay at 77 degrees.

Post #250 is where I listed the missing features. I was going off of my own 722 (not k), so built-in OTA doesn't apply to you. :)

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)