Hopper/Joey Freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnnybirdman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2012
PA
I was surprised I didn't find any recent posts (that I could see) on this forum about the S364 update and the issue with freezing Joey's. I found this post on the dish forums (https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9142&p=49983#p49983) and posted myself.... just wonder if anyone here has more/better info.
I have 1H3J (original no sling) and all a freezing for live tv, dvr playback and when using the remote/guide (indiscriminate as to timing).
System is unusable in it's current state...
-J

Edit: Side Note - remote lag on Hopper is unbelievably slow....

Last edited:
Bridging should only be a problem if you have multiple IP connections in the network. (wifi+ethernet or 2 Hopper install, both connected with wifi and bridging being enabled) Once there is only one IP connection you can enable bridging on the connected box and shouldn't have any issues.

Bridging should only be a problem if you have multiple IP connections in the network. (wifi+ethernet or 2 Hopper install, both connected with wifi and bridging being enabled) Once there is only one IP connection you can enable bridging on the connected box and shouldn't have any issues.

i only have one connection... I reset everything and it's still all mucked up... how do we get in touch with DIRT folks around here? My system is unusable. Best I can do now is watch live TV on the hopper and that only freezes sometimes (my god... I forgot how painful live tv is...). Trying to watch DVR on hopper or live tv or DVR on joey's is impossible. If it doesn't freeze (which it does every 10 seconds) on playback it skips... which is great if you want to get through an hour show in about 25 min.. of course you miss half the damn show... oh, and I can't pause live tv on the hopper... when I try to play paused tv it freezes and skips.

This could also just be coincidence that it happened after an update and may actually be a failing hard drive. Just a thought.
Could be. Any particular way to test that theory? Older recorded events act that same.... I checked that out as well a few days ago.

New Hoppa installed. Appears the issue was something with the hardware which was far beyond, and worse than, the bridging issue. My remote had been very laggy for a while which I attributed to an update but apparently that laggy-ness was related to the impending hardware failure. Not great to lose the ton of recorded content but glad to have a working system.... except for the Pandora issue.