Hopper/Joey keeps unlinking?

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So far I'm very happy with the H/J setup compared to the 922. I am noticing an odd problem though that nobody else has fessed up to yet. It's happened the last 2 nights in a row - although it generally only happens once every couple of weeks.

My Joey's keep unlinking from the Hopper. I've seen this happen in 2 different scenerios - both of which are resolved by a reset. Anyone else seeing this issue? Tonight my issue was that the Hopper did not see either of my Joeys (thus the Joey would not connect). Reset of the Hopper resolved the issue, both are now visible.

Last night, the Hopper saw both Joeys, but the Joey just kept "looking for Hopper" to connect to. Resetting the Joey fixed this issue.

I've seen both problems stemming from either device so far. I'm guessing this is a software issue/bug, as I don't see my wiring just randomly flaking every couple of weeks. Any ideas or suggestions?

Yeah, it's happened at least a half dozen times in the past 2 or so months. It's an easy fix since I figured out what to do (and how to figure out which side needs the reboot). Just kind of curious if this would be software related and a fix might be in the works, or if there is something "odd" about my setup. I'm not sure if the Joey's continue to poll the Hopper for connectivity, or if once they lose connection they are done for.

Anyone? Bueller..... Bueller?

Speaking of updates, why is Dish parsing out the updates in such a limited manner?
they test it in limited release before it goes wide. That way a major problem doesn't migrate to their whole install base right away.

I have this same problem almost every night. I only have 1 hopper and 1 joey but almost every night we go to bed to watch tv this happens. I have to turn on the hopper and hit menu twice and click on the linked Joey button. once I am there it shows no linked joeys. Then i reboot the Joey and everything comes back. This is the way I have found to fix it. If I just reboot the joey I get nothing. But if i switch the hopper to this screen then it will work. This saves me from rebooting the hopper while it is recording something. I hope they fix this soon because this makes for a very unhappy wife right now.

I just had this problem as well. We were just installed Wednesday. Came home, both Joeys were searching. Rebooted them, nothing. Rebooted Hopper, still nothing. Went into the Linked Joeys screen, went back and rebooted the Joeys, and they seem to be working now.

I just had this problem as well. We were just installed Wednesday. Came home, both Joeys were searching. Rebooted them, nothing. Rebooted Hopper, still nothing. Went into the Linked Joeys screen, went back and rebooted the Joeys, and they seem to be working now.

What software version? S213 was pretty problematic with linking for me. However as of S216 I have had no issues. If you're not on S216/S268 already, then hopefully when you do get it your issues will be solved.

Yep, just checked and it looks like we are on S213. So I guess I'll wait for the update and see what happens. I'm reading that S215+ disables bridging though... That could be problematic for me since only our hopper is connected to an Ethernet line, and we use DLNA from the Joeys...

Yep, just checked and it looks like we are on S213. So I guess I'll wait for the update and see what happens. I'm reading that S215+ disables bridging though... That could be problematic for me since only our hopper is connected to an Ethernet line, and we use DLNA from the Joeys...

You can re enable bridging on the Internet-connected Hopper (and you should ONLY do it on the Internet-connected Hopper.) Just like in S213 you can change bridging settings by pressing YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - RED - MoCA - BLUE - BLUE.

By the way, I previously stated that S216 solved my linking issues. Nope it didn't. Still some issues after the nightly reboots. Another manual reboot always fixes the issue though.

I have this same problem almost every night. I only have 1 hopper and 1 joey but almost every night we go to bed to watch tv this happens. I have to turn on the hopper and hit menu twice and click on the linked Joey button. once I am there it shows no linked joeys. Then i reboot the Joey and everything comes back. This is the way I have found to fix it. If I just reboot the joey I get nothing. But if i switch the hopper to this screen then it will work. This saves me from rebooting the hopper while it is recording something. I hope they fix this soon because this makes for a very unhappy wife right now.

We are having the same exact problem since day one of getting the hopper/joey.. It goes out between 9-11pm every single night.. i contacted DISH but they need a "code" and for me to contact them when it is happening. i never remember to write it down and 2. im not going to call/chat w/ them while i am trying to go to bed.. its so frustrating :) .. we should not be having to do that procedure everynight.. i will write down the code tonight and contact dish again .. will keep you posted as to what they say/suggest..

That is odd that it happens during that specific time frame. Do you have anything different going on during that time frame than you do during the rest of the day? Do you have more viewers watching? Are you recording PTAT and 2 other events? Any extra details about what goes on or your viewing habits during that time frame when it drops the link would be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)