Hopper/Joey pet peeve

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
What really annoys about the Hopper/Joey, (especially during Football season) is the 10 second back skip. I hate it when I skip back to see or hear something I missed and it will replay for 1 or 2 seconds then automtically skip forward to live TV. I am constantly forced to hit the skip back button 3 or 4 times and then just wait for it to get to what I want to see.

Ahhh, I feel better now :)

I think everyone feels the same way. It's a problem Dish is aware of though and hopefully they can get it fixed some time soon.

You're joking, right? They haven't fixed the regular skip fwd/back issues, why would they view this as more important?

Yes, it annoys me too, but there are other more important things to fix, in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This has been occurring on the Dish DVRs since the TiVo lawsuit. I would've thought that they'd be fixing it since the settlement, but it's been quite a while now.

Is it only on HD receivers? I don't recall the skip problem on my 625, which I replaced just over 2 years ago.

Actually, it was the DVR 625 which was the subject of the lawsuit. It also affected the ViP receivers in that Dish started using a new method which didn't infringe on the TiVo patent. The DVR 625 received updated firmware that implemented this new method. I have found that the way the MPEG2 SD skips forward/back is a bit more reliable than the MPEG4 SD/HD.

Ahhh, there's the difference, when I had the 625, I was on Western Arc (MPEG2). I upgraded to the 722 and switched to EA.

This was not a problem a year or so ago. They used to resync the buffer with live TV only after a certain amount of time has past. Now, it synchs up after just a few seconds. They need to reinstate a one or two minute timer that prevents the synching from occurring until the time period is up.

I have never seen it not skip back correctly--maybe just lucky.

What I really like versus the VIP line is that the VIP would sometimes jump way back or forward and that hasn't happened on Hopper.

I am having a problem with the EHD on my Hopper/Sling. If I pause the EHD then when I press play I get a red slashed dot. I think this means that I am not allowed to record in play-back--which would make sense if I were pressing record and not play. I have to skip forward or back to allow playing again. This is only on the EHD, so it is weird.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)