Hopper ota adapter

Could it be the way you home is wired? I only have one Hopper, since you have two, maybe the wiring for both has something to do with you not being able to see the OTA from the Joey. Maybe the Joey can only "see" the Hopper without the OTA? Do you have a Joey or a Super Joey? Maybe there's a difference between those.

...and that Joey ain't ever gonna see OTA, unless Dish makes a software change.

If a Joey is connected to a Hopper with an OTA Dongle, that Joey will see the OTA from that Hopper. Because I don't have two Hoppers I can't test whether you can see OTA from a second Joey. I am certain that if you have two Joeys connected to either Hopper you can watch OTA on either Joey, or both, if you are willing to watch the same program. The Joeys have the ability to watch either Hopper simply by connecting them with your remote.

Not happening. I can link that Joey to either HWS. But there is no way to see the OTA channels in the guide, not even under All Channels.

Please list the steps to get the Joey to see those OTA channels once connected to the correct HWS. See the steps I took above.

1. Turn on Joey.
2. Turn on TV
3. Press DVR button.
4. Select LR HWS, the one with OTA.
5. Start watching a program off LR HWS, just to be sure.
6. Set Guide to All Channels.
7. Scroll thru Guide and not see OTA.
8. Slap head repeatedly.
9. Go to Menu and....
10. Not happening there, either.

Check your joey settings and then parental controls and see if you have the ota channels locked out on your joey. If so , clear out the locks and you should be able to see that hopper with ota channels.

1. Turn on Joey.
2. Turn on TV
3. Press DVR button.
4. Select LR HWS, the one with OTA.
5. Start watching a program off LR HWS, just to be sure.
6. Set Guide to All Channels.
7. Scroll thru Guide and not see OTA.
8. Slap head repeatedly.
9. Go to Menu and....
10. Not happening there, either.
Those first steps are NOT linking your Joey to the Hopper with the OTA module.

Press menu on the Joey.
then select settings
then network setup
then whole home
.Once on the whole home screen you will be able to choose the Hopper that has the OTA module and link to it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts