Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

just switched over to dish on saturday and so far i have no picture in picture( one of the reasons i went with dish since I'm a sports fan)...called dish and they said since i have the hopper plus that is disabled? Is this true or do i need to speak with someone else. Also when you go from lets say netflix back to live tv all you get is a black screen. I've had to reboot it twice.

Reactions: charlesrshell
HipKat WJ4 had to be rebooted again this morning. Trying a non-ARC HDMI port didn't work. I think there is something in my Vizio TV causing this issue. Going to try another (3rd) HDMI cable to see if that works. Will see in the morning if startup works.
HipKat I meant to post this morning but slipped my mind. WJ4 failed to start again. Pull-the-cord reboot woke her up. I turned off CEC in the Joey and TV. Will see how goes it in the morning. I sent DISH Support a message about the issue yesterday. No reply yet.

HipKat I meant to post this morning but slipped my mind. WJ4 failed to start again. Pull-the-cord reboot woke her up. I turned off CEC in the Joey and TV. Will see how goes it in the morning. I sent DISH Support a message about the issue yesterday. No reply yet.
HipKat no luck. WJ4 black screen when turned on. I have the CEC turned off in the Joey and Vizio TV. When I hit the Joey power button the TV came on too. Do you know why tthat happened with both CECs turned off? I am lost for ideas There must be a setting in either the TV or the Joey that I can try. Anybody have some ideas? DISH Support hasn't replied to my message to them.

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat
HipKat no luck. WJ4 black screen when turned on. I have the CEC turned off in the Joey and Vizio TV. When I hit the Joey power button the TV came on too. Do you know why tthat happened with both CECs turned off? I am lost for ideas There must be a setting in either the TV or the Joey that I can try. Anybody have some ideas? DISH Support hasn't replied to my message to them.
Heard back from DISH Support with the following:

"Good Morning,
It sounds like you did all the right steps! A black screen is normally caused by an input issue, cable issue, or the actual receiver.
Have you reached out to Vizio to see if it's something wrong with the actual HDMI port?
We can always review your account to see if a technician visit can help with this issue. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service so we can help!"

I guess it is time for a new TV.

That’s because you’re dealing with a common problem nobody has an answer for. But it is a very common problem. and, it is not exclusive to Vizio, or any other brand of TV.

When I hit the Joey power button the TV came on too. Do you know why tthat happened with both CECs turned off? I am lost for ideas There must be a setting in either the TV or the Joey that I can try. Anybody have some ideas?
Charles, I had a similar problem with Shield TV not playing well with my Yamaha receiver. I bought an HDMI CEC Less Adapter to totally block CEC (pins 13 & 17). It's a cheap enough adapter to try and see if this fixes this issue.
Amazon product ASIN B00DL48KVI
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DL48KVI

Charles, I had a similar problem with Shield TV not playing well with my Yamaha receiver. I bought an HDMI CEC Less Adapter to totally block CEC (pins 13 & 17). It's a cheap enough adapter to try and see if this fixes this issue.
Thanks clone1008. I really want CEC turned on. I was just trying things to trouble shoot the issue with my WJ4 having blackout screen on initial start up in the morning. I was just wondering why the Joey & TV would come on at the same time with both CECs turned off.

Reactions: clone1008
clone1008 what the hell. Just ordered the HDMI CEC Less Adapter. All signs are pointing to the Vizio TV causing my WJ4 issue. Got to try something to get my WJ4 to work on initial daily startup. I don't know of any settings in the TV or in the Joey causing this headache. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Reactions: clone1008
clone1008 what the hell. Just ordered the HDMI CEC Less Adapter. All signs are pointing to the Vizio TV causing my WJ4 issue. Got to try something to get my WJ4 to work on initial daily startup. I don't know of any settings in the TV or in the Joey causing this headache. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Like I said it's a really cheap way to totally eliminate one thing (CEC) to find out instead of buying a new TV first.

How do I attach wirelessly a keyboard/mouse to the H+?
Is there an online manual ?
Anybody using an HDMI splitter?
I have never connected a mouse or keyboard to my H+ but I think it would have to be Bluetooth which the H+ has built in. I am using a 5 port HDMI switch with remote Why?

Reactions: tanman
After a horrible installation experience and a few bugs right away, seems to have settled in great. Love the Hopper Plus and the wireless Joey 4. Only issue I'm having is not being able to watch 540 on the wireless Joey but that might be an issue with my TV, just haven't tried to figure it out yet.
I’m watching football this afternoon with my main receiver in 4K HDR on channel 540. I tried to tune in channel 540 on another TV with my 4K Joey - but get the message that there is no programming at this time. I guess my 4K Joey won’t tune in the 4K content either.

I’m watching football this afternoon with my main receiver in 4K HDR on channel 540. I tried to tune in channel 540 on another TV with my 4K Joey - but get the message that there is no programming at this time. I guess my 4K Joey won’t tune in the 4K content either.
OG 4K Joeys won't receiver HDR feeds

I have never connected a mouse or keyboard to my H+ but I think it would have to be Bluetooth which the H+ has built in. I am using a 5 port HDMI switch with remote Why?
I need a mouse and or keyboard because I would occasionally like to use a browser on my tv .I can do it now with my computer-it would be one step less .
I'd like to split the signal. I had signal going to both the tv and my avr. The H3 had that capability using component and HDMI.Just more flexibility.Lots of splitters to choose from.If someone already had one that worked on an H+ I'd be ahead of the research game.