Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OMG, I would assume he said that because it's either come up with his customers or in discussions with other people in his field. Does it really matter?
Yes. I wonder what he has done for his customers! If factory resets don't work. I am going to request a replacement from DISH. Maybe third time is a charm. I had same issue with one of my Joey 4s connected to a Vizio. Replacement Joey solved that black screen issue.

Yes. I wonder what he has done for his customers! If factory resets don't work. I am going to request a replacement from DISH. Maybe third time is a charm. I had same issue with one of my Joey 4s connected to a Vizio. Replacement Joey solved that black screen issue.
Yep been following your situation for a long time now. I would have had Dish out to my house a long time ago. I have better things to do with my time than mess around with their sh!tty equipment, but that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
Yep been following your situation for a long time now. I would have had Dish out to my house a long time ago. I have better things to do with my time than mess around with their sh!tty equipment, but that's just me.
Yep. Doing morning roll calls with all my DISH equipment is getting old. This WJ4 is a replacement for the identical issue. If factory resets don't work I will call DISH.

No. I will factory reset the TV and then see how goes it tomorrow. If that don't work will do the WJ4. Is there a difference between the factory reset in the Tools menu and the one in the Google menu?
TV factory reset did not help the issue. WJ4 and Vizio TV would not start this morning. Had black screen and audio untill I did a Joey reboot. So I tried to do a Joey factory reset from the Tools menu but nothing happens. Does anyone know why the WJ4 Tools factory reset doesn't work? So I did the Google factory reset. Went thru all the steps that the DISH technicians go thru on new installs. My Joey stayed activated. I am not going to reload all my apps for now. Will see how goes it in the morning.

Reactions: HipKat and Partysox
TV factory reset did not help the issue. WJ4 and Vizio TV would not start this morning. Had black screen and audio untill I did a Joey reboot. So I tried to do a Joey factory reset from the Tools menu but nothing happens. Does anyone know why the WJ4 Tools factory reset doesn't work? So I did the Google factory reset. Went thru all the steps that the DISH technicians go thru on new installs. My Joey stayed activated. I am not going to reload all my apps for now. Will see how goes it in the morning.
My guess is the tools reset is turned off.

Yes still can't get some apps like Disney and Amazon Prime video to work. Deleted and reinstalled multiple times still nothing. Customer service representative said it's a known issue with no ETA for fix.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: navychop
Well it sounds like you have done all you can do, If its not fixed I guess its Tech time. :)
Yep I hear ya. I really hope the Google factory reset fixes things. I think there is something in the over night updates that is causing my WJ4 / Vizio to have black screen for the initial start up of the day. Time will tell. If a third WJ4 doesn't fix things I don't know what I will do.

Yep I hear ya. I really hope the Google factory reset fixes things. I think there is something in the over night updates that is causing my WJ4 / Vizio to have black screen for the initial start up of the day. Time will tell. If a third WJ4 doesn't fix things I don't know what I will do.
Another question is your Vizio 4K HDR?

Yes still can't get some apps like Disney and Amazon Prime video to work. Deleted and reinstalled multiple times still nothing. Customer service representative said it's a known issue with no ETA for fix.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
So strange. I get Disney and Amazon Prime without issue. Always have. Hulu was a problem at the beginning with no audio and sound until you backed out and came back in, but that issue was fixed within a few weeks.

Day 1 after Google factory reset for my WJ4. Vizio and Joey started right up, no issues. Will post again in the morning.

Reactions: HipKat and Partysox
jgags6 have you tried a factory reset for your Joey & Samsung TV?
Yes, I have and the same problem is still occurring. And actually, not only do I have to restart the Joey first thing in the morning, but every time I turn the TV off and then turn it back on the Joey is basically frozen - or green screen or some other issue where I actually have to pull the cord - I'm not able to use the remote to go and reset the Joey. So from my stand point this has gotten worse since my October Install and I'm at the point where Im going to call dish and tell them that I want out of my contract because this is ridiculous.