Hopper Poll

Upgrade yes or no

• Total voters
I voted 'can't wait' as we have been relatively disappointed with the 922 and its general bugginess. We have just the one 922 running in single mode connected to a 4-way HDMI splitter running to all of our TVs. We don't mind having the same thing on each TV as it's just the two of us and we rarely want to watch different things. My plan is to just get a Hopper and no Joeys and continue using the splitter which would keep our costs the same other than the initial $99. That way, we gain the third tuner and PTAT which is what we really want anyway. I won't miss OTA as that seems to be hit or miss on the 922 anyway. Thankfully, I've got my husband's blessing to move quickly on this as he wasn't too pleased with the 922 and its been really pissing him off lately.

So Dish is reading here. I'm sure they quickly identify who is making unreasonable demands, unproductive comments or just venting steam. They have this little option called "ignore" and I'm sure they're using it, to most efficiently and effectively obtain useful feedback.

To those that insist that their opinion is the only one true holy understanding of Hopper/Joey, I hear that Tabasco helps make crow more easily swallowed.

How is it that the poll results show "Very Disappointed" with the largest number of votes, yet they list the fewest names?

And that after you vote, you can no longer see any names?

JM42 said:
Because your beating you head against the wall and we are getting tired of all the noise.

Rants here won't sway them.
Well your rant about us ranters isn't swaying me either and I'm kind of tired of the noise too.

Why do you read all this if it makes you upset?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

navychop said:
So Dish is reading here. I'm sure they quickly identify who is making unreasonable demands, unproductive comments or just venting steam. They have this little option called "ignore" and I'm sure they're using it, to most efficiently and effectively obtain useful feedback.

Why you harshin' me, dog?

How is it that the poll results show "Very Disappointed" with the largest number of votes, yet they list the fewest names?

And that after you vote, you can no longer see any names?
The tallies are showing wrong totals, I went into the cp and counted the votes for the above and got the same amount of names shown.

The tallies are showing wrong totals, I went into the cp and counted the votes for the above and got the same amount of names shown.

:confused: Ok- can we "see" who voted how, as the poll was set up for that?

That's over my head.

We're going overboard. None of us can say for sure that H/J will fail. That's a bit over the top, no? Why say something like that, when there is a high likelihood you'll (not you specifically) have to eat those words? We're getting so worked up over perceived shortcomings, we're overreacting in comments. And nothing is final yet; it hasn't even hit the streets.

navychop said:
We're going overboard. None of us can say for sure that H/J will fail. That's a bit over the top, no? Why say something like that, when there is a high likelihood you'll (not you specifically) have to eat those words? We're getting so worked up over perceived shortcomings, we're overreacting in comments. And nothing is final yet; it hasn't even hit the streets.
I get you and agree.

OK- I see a vote count of 90 but count only 30 names. I didn't understand your post.

That's what I meant about the totals not adding up right...

Yea something doesn't seem quite right with the totals.I noticed earlier today that very disappointed had like 12 or 14 votes then it really took a major jump.Must be something hokey going on with the VB board.Maybe Scott can check it and fix it.Does anyone else (mods) have access to check it out?Really hate to see a broken poll on a pretty hot topic.

I have 3 Vip722k's with OTA tuners in them> I will switch when the OTA tuner for the hopper is ready but not until. I would get two hoppers and two joeys. Bill should go down a lot. I think. 99 dollar fee not a big deal if the product is solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)