Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

Anybody else seeing strangeness with the list of timers? I have nearly 50 timers on my Hopper. All seem to be working fine (i.e. recording when they should), but for several days, the list of timers was showing two copies of number 40. Going down the list, you would see 38, 39, 40, 40, 41. It wasn't two different timers assigned the same number - both copies of 40 contained the same search info and settings. I think it was just displaying two copies on the screen for some reason.

A couple of days ago, I deleted timer 39, and then the list started showing two copies of 39 AND 40, so 37, 38, 39, 40, 39, 40, 41. The two 39s were both the same (the one that used to be 40) and the two 40s were both the same (the one that used to be 41).

Not weird enough yet? Then I deleted timer 39 again (which was the one that used to be 40, then one that was originally showing doubles). Then the timer list showed 37, 38, 39, 40, 38, 39, 40, 41. Same as before, the two 38s are the same, the two 39s are the same, the two 40s are the same.

I decided to just leave it alone for a couple of days and see what happened since I couldn't think of any way to fix it except maybe delete everything below 37 and then put them all back, which is a major PITA. The timers still seem to work fine, although I think only one of those three found any new episodes to record this week.

Then I accidentally fixed it yesterday. I created a new timer for a movie I wanted to record (looked for it in the guide, clicked on it, then chose "Record This"). This created a timer at the bottom of the list because that's how I have my DVR preferences set. I went to the list of timers, selected that new timer, and clicked Edit. I changed its priority to 1 to make sure the movie got recorded because it was conflicting with other timers. When I clicked Save and the Hopper updated the list of Timers, my new one for the movie was now at #1 as expected and the duplicates of 38,39,40 were gone.

Very strange indeed...

GaryPen said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread. But, I have a new issue since the update to S213:

- The Hopper will occasionally stay stuck in Standby (off) mode. Neither the remote or front panel power buttons will wake it up. There is no screensaver during these times, either.

A front panel power button reboot will work, as will a power cord reboot. I have not tried the reset button yet, as it has only happened twice so far. If it happens a third time, I will try the red reset button.

I have had this issue several times and the red button has worked every time.

1h/1joey s213/s265

Network connected by wire or wireless to hopper and Joey video freezes
every min or so and network ip changes in hopper broadband screen
when video returns.

Both Hopper and joeys seem to be infinitely requesting new ips from
dhcp disrupting network and video, or moca can't keep up
with packets causing restart of network and video buffers, perhaps?

Disconnecting network from hopper returns Joey video to normal.

Swapped Joey and hopper
rewired everything in system
No diplexers
Swapped nodes
turned off all wireless networking

I reserved ips for hopper and Joey in router
but hopper/Joey only get them the first
time they connect, they still get new ips and show up
as new attached devices in router
and drop video on joey.
Since you can't make them static in hopper
or joey, address reservation does no good.

No change after all this, tech is stumped.

Netgear router, all network connections
test ok and work fine with other computers

I haven't noticed network disruption at same time
as video disruption but I haven't yet looked for it.

Disconnecting network from hopper returns Joey video to normal.
just out of curiosity... Did he try using a HIC and seeing if having a dedicated bridge stabilizes the connection?

just throwing it out there. Not really sure if would help in your situation.

I wish there was a way to find out how many people were having issues compared to those who are not. I too am wanting to upgrade now but this thread has made me nervous.

I haven't had any major issues with my 2H/2J system. A few quirks, but overall we've found the system a nice upgrade from our old 722/622 system.

I wish there was a way to find out how many people were having issues compared to those who are not. I too am wanting to upgrade now but this thread has made me nervous.

It's just the nature of forums to see more negative reports about things than positive reports... Chances are most of the people not having issues are simply watching TV instead of reporting issues here on the forum :) .

I have had this issue several times and the red button has worked every time.
That's good to know. But, my biggest concern is that the Hopper misses timers while in this non-responsive state.

All I need is for my wife to come back from Japan without the final episodes of Bachelorette waiting for her. She might as well come back and find me in bed with a bachelorette.

Two minor things I noticed that appear to be fixed in 213:

The flakiness of caller idea working, not working, working again on one of my two Hoppers appears to have stabilized.

In the past if I went to watch someting on my EHD that had been idle for awhile, it would first error out until the EHD woke up and then if I went back in a minute or so later it was fine. Now if I try to access it while it is waking up I get a few seconds of the moving progress bar and then it starts. No more error and second attempt needed.

In the past if I went to watch someting on my EHD that had been idle for awhile, it would first error out until the EHD woke up and then if I went back in a minute or so later it was fine. Now if I try to access it while it is waking up I get a few seconds of the moving progress bar and then it starts. No more error and second attempt needed.

That one was fixed in S212

loubon said:
Two minor things I noticed that appear to be fixed in 213:

The flakiness of caller idea working, not working, working again on one of my two Hoppers appears to have stabilized.

it hasn't worked on the hopper I use most, but it does on my joeys. Before it was the opposite! lol, go figure. :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

After both of my Hoppers got s213, I got the little window issue which was corrected with a reset. My 3 Joeys would not connect to their respective Hoopers and once I disconnect my Ethernet from one of them and reset the system everything worked. I do not currently have PTAT enabled and have not experienced any further issues (knock on wood). The only other issue I am currently experiencing is longer outages during the recent storms. When I had the H/Js installed several months ago the installer also replaced my dish since it was more than 10 years old. Prior to that any weather related outages only lasted a few minutes, if not seconds. Now they have lasted 10 or 15 minutes and I have to switch to the antenna connected to the TVs. Looking forward to the release of the OTA adapters.

just out of curiosity... Did he try using a HIC and seeing if having a dedicated bridge stabilizes the connection?

just throwing it out there. Not really sure if would help in your situation.

No, hic not yet tried. Hopper functioning now as hic
after s213 update may be the problem.

Waiting on dish tech to get back to me for 3 days now
to see what's next. Will suggest hic.

Is nobody else experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)