Hopper S217 Feedback

This is true but it is still scary to see the problems. I just saw somewhere 30 to 1 ratio on complaints over good comments.

I won't be helping that ratio any. Just registered to see if there was something I could do to get my new Hopper squared away. I was hoping to get into calmer seas leaving my b band converter anhialating HR20 and pricey D* behind. The hopper has fantastic potential but wow we had it for about 3 days then wham! The Olympic app arrived and brought absolutely terrible reliability and lockups to go with it. Fruits out when we reach the end of a recording, locks up at times when attempting to record two things at once among many other momentary brainfarts. Really hoping you guys with the inside word on 220 are correct!

I can understand issues with some of the more complex systems a la multiple joeys etc but this is a standalone hopper that is failing at functioning as a basic DVR for now. Glad to find this forum and it's info as the other sat forum I've been a member on forever was sorely lacking on the Dish side of things.

Ok guys they are comming tommorrow to install three hoppers and 4 joeys I have the third hopper sitting on my dining room table how long you think it will take? And before you ask I got permission from dish networks equiptment authorization team to have three hoppers and blah to to blah to blah they even looked at my house from space. The guy even goes "nice front door". I didn't know the pictures where that detailed.

Could be a couple of hours, could be 6 hours, depending on how temperamental your Hoppers/Joeys are. My three Hoppers were mildly temperamental and the two Joeys were very temperamental. Not to worry though, installation can be a pain however once set up they are very stable. Note that there are minor bugs that could be annoying but for an early adopter experience it is relatively painless...

Still waiting for S221 here. Paused a show, and it refused to UNpause. Wouldn't shut off via remote or front panel button, so I RBR'd. That was the first reboot in a LONG time!

The installer would not put the HIC in for us at the time of install either. He hooked us up with Wi-Fi. It worked fine until 213. At that point we had every problem reported. We purchased a HIC from a local retailer, took about 10 minutes to install. We do have cable internet. HIC solved all of our problems...no more freezing, black screens or anything. Sling adapter and dish online work great. We can see Hopper #2 with no problems whatsoever. Definitely recommend the HIC!

What is a "HIC"? I am having drop-out issues as well with my Hopper/Joey setup (1H/4J). Cable internet is on a dedicated line, with Hopper connected via wireless USB adapter. Also purchased a WIFI extender to boost signal near the Hopper (with over 68 signal strength now). Thank you for the help!

I ran into a problem last night with my Hopper. I have Big Brother set to record weekly, and while that recorded, I decided to record Anger Management. Well when both recordings were done and I went to watch them, I went to my folders and found BB and pressed the > and it took me to a screen with a red circle with a line though it, in the upper right corner of the screen. In the center of the was a large image of the box that gives you the 3 choices of Delete...DVR...Live...TV. When I would go tho DVR and press the > on my remote, it take me right back to My Folders, then the whole thing would repeat again. I also notice that when I found it in my folder, BB shows "100% Watched", even though it was never watched. The same thing happened with Anger Management.

I did notice that the recording didn't shut down after the programs were recorded. I have it set to stop at 3 minutes after the program ends. The recorder wouldn't let me manually turn it off either. Yet, when I check the tuners, all three were clear, no recording showing. So I did a reset using the red button on the Hopper.

Today BB is still doing the same thing, but Anger Management showed "0% Watched", and I was able to view it.

Has anybody else had any similar "Locked" recording problems, or recorded shows that showed "100% Watched" when they haven't been watched at all?

Ghpr13:(

I have never been so glad to get rid of a Dish SW version before. I've had a variety of Dish receivers and DVR's over the years. And, have had different SW versions with various bugs during that time. But, never one that brought a receiver to its knees like S217. Lockups in standby on a daily basis (sometimes more than once per day) which caused missed timers, and freezing while watching DVR and Live TV, all requiring RBR's and the time that wastes, will not be missed at all.

It feels so nice to press "Watch TV" on my Harmony, and everything just turns on the way it's supposed to.

i have 221 and am still having problems with black screens on joeys. i have to note this system had worked PERFECTLY until i got software 220 and started getting black screens. could have something to do with my internet though, i am having the modem replaced due to frequent drops. it just occured to me to disconnect the hopper to see if this fixes the tv issues (or the internet issues, who knows.)
i should also note that i installed the system myself and ALL cable is 3ghz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)