Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

BearHuntr said:
Is there any way to get rid of the Rentals Icon on the My Recordings screen? Also, I've noticed several times that it takes 2 tries to delete recordings and it still occasionally jumps ahead too far when using the skip forward while watching a recording.

Do you have the new software?

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I do think I like the colors in the new software. One bug that seems fixed is when I would play a Prime Time Anytime event on my Joey, it would sometimes show a black screen and I had to start over to fix it. Now, it is very quick to start playback and I have not had to start anything over to get video.

It really seems like they worked on code efficiency in this release. That is a good thing.

My hopper shows 222 9/25/2012 software. How to I get this new update? Reboot the receiver? Or sit and wait for it to be pushed through (although others seem to be getting it)

Last edited:
gizbug said:
My hopper shows 222 9/25/2012 software. How to I get this new update? Reboot the receiver? Or sit and wait for it to be pushed through (although others seem to be getting it)

Sit and wait until your machine is flagged to receive it. That is all you can do.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Is anyone getting OTA guide info for stations from adjacent DMAs? My adjacent locals are not not fully populating in the guide. More time? Seems like I've been connected long enough for the guide to populate.

I've gone through two night of system reboots at the usual overnight times. One Hopper has populated the guide with OTA and subchannels and the other has not. Seems goofy to me. How long can one expect to wait for the information to fill out?

Is there any way to get rid of the Rentals Icon on the My Recordings screen? Also, I've noticed several times that it takes 2 tries to delete recordings and it still occasionally jumps ahead too far when using the skip forward while watching a recording.

I'm guessing that will go away after whatever you deleted as a rental is purged (48 hrs I believe). Since the recycle bin needs a place to restore shows I'm thinking that is why it stays on (at least in my case that was my thinking). Of course if you didn't download any rentals or On Demand then that shoots that theory.

It's been 2 days on S230 and I just had the "dropped channels from custom lists" show up again, only now it is dropping non-local channels. I have been having problems with channels 2-69 prior to S230 but now one Hopper dropped 105 (USA) and 107 (Comedy). I hope this gets fixed soon.

It's been 2 days on S230 and I just had the "dropped channels from custom lists" show up again, only now it is dropping non-local channels. I have been having problems with channels 2-69 prior to S230 but now one Hopper dropped 105 (USA) and 107 (Comedy). I hope this gets fixed soon.

Could this be a localized issue? I've never seen it in my area..?
S230 here.

stimpson said:
I'll check it tonight.

Did you get a chance to do some testing? I still have not been updated and it is really starting to irritate me.

thechaz05 said:
Did you get a chance to do some testing? I still have not been updated and it is really starting to irritate me.

Finally it appears to be fixed!!!! I have only checked one of my 2 Joeys, but it behaves like the Hoppers now during FF RW, and skips.

stimpson said:
Finally it appears to be fixed!!!! I have only checked one of my 2 Joeys, but it behaves like the Hoppers now during FF RW, and skips.

Cool, thanks. Now I get keep waiting not so patiently lol

Thanks again this morning Dish. No software updates so still unable to use the OTA that we waited months for. But they think they can successfully launch and control another satellite when they can't even control the stationary dishes on roof tops around the country. Good luck with that.

Thanks again this morning Dish. No software updates so still unable to use the OTA that we waited months for. But they think they can successfully launch and control another satellite when they can't even control the stationary dishes on roof tops around the country. Good luck with that.

Look, I get it. But you have been around long enough to know how Dish rolls out software. Give it time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)