Hopper S246 Joey S294 Is Out

One touch record from the guide. Press record twice and you can record the series. Press record thrice and you can edit the series timer.

I got 294 for the Joeys, nothing yet for Hoppers; the major change seems to be recording from the guide. One click to record, two clicks record the series, three clicks view/edit the timer.
Also in the menu, settings, to network, the sheet/display is upgraded, I like the look.....does it make it work better....? worked ok before, but it's prettier. There could be more stuff but I have not seen it.

Is there a features / bug list that shows what they fix, and what they added?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wish there was John. But, you know, it is classified!! I do know the HDMI CEC issue was one of the fixes. One of the DIRT folks told me that and my HDMI CEC issue seems to be cleared up now.

One change I do NOT like is with the RECALL banner: instead of the channel logo at the bottom with the channel number, they now have the channel abbreviation and number in plain white type. To my eye, the channel logo told me more faster. Now, my brain finds it all indistinguishable, and the brain has to READ. I know it seems silly, but I liked it the way it was. It seem Dish makes quite a few minor changes with each update.

One change I do NOT like is with the RECALL banner: instead of the channel logo at the bottom with the channel number, they now have the channel abbreviation and number in plain white type. To my eye, the channel logo told me more faster. Now, my brain finds it all indistinguishable, and the brain has to READ. I know it seems silly, but I liked it the way it was. It seem Dish makes quite a few minor changes with each update.

Mine still has the logos.

I haven't checked, but I was getting the Joey losing connection with the Hopper issue. Does anyone know if this is fixed. As an FYI, this happened both on MoCA and on Ethernet.

I just noticed a change in the Whole Home screen. It now shows MOCA signal quality for the H/J/HIC boxes. Also noticed that my Joeys show as linked before they're turned on after overnight resets.

I think that the return to play from fast forwarding thru a recording is improved. When using 300X towards the end of a recording I frequently missed the end and had to try again. Now it seems like it's easier to control, or maybe my reflexes are improving as I age.

They obviously did something to the Joey interface with the update. Both Joeys now take about 2 secs to power down. They used to turn off instantly. The first time I tried to turn one off I thought it missed a keypush and hit the power button a few extra times before I realized what was happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts