Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can afford anything I want. Its if I choose to spend it that's the question. As for moving on. Nope, not.going to happen.

Sent From My Galaxy Note.

I am interested in upgrading to the Hopper. I have 3x722s, 1x612, and a 510, so I would like to go to a 2xHopper & 6xJoey setup. In addition, I have a second account for my mother-in-law that I would like to upgrade programming and transfer the owned 722. Please PM me, so we can discuss detail and see how much the upgrade will cost. Should be an easy install as all the RG6 wiring home-runs to a DPP44 and DP33.

I am interested in upgrading to the Hopper. I have 3x722s, 1x612, and a 510, so I would like to go to a 2xHopper & 6xJoey setup. In addition, I have a second account for my mother-in-law that I would like to upgrade programming and transfer the owned 722. Please PM me, so we can discuss detail and see how much the upgrade will cost. Should be an easy install as all the RG6 wiring home-runs to a DPP44 and DP33.

I may have to check again but I'm not sure you can get 6 Joeys.

wow.. way to be optimistic.. He already said they would honor the quoted price he gave me. i didn't copy the rest of the convo before we disconnected. the first person i spoke with was a CSR. She escalated me to Jose whose job was to ensure customer satisfaction. He quoted me 100 to upgrade for 1 hopper and 2 joeys.. Wheres the confusion in that?
Realism...others have reported similar issues...multiple reps giving different prices despite earlier promises. Configurations promised that aren't actually reflected on the work order, etc. There is a precedent.

Is the 4 Joey limit on a 2 Hopper system a technical limit or a leased box limit. If it is not technical the the customer should be able to buy 2 more Joeys, or for some already allowed to lease over prior tuner limits get a waiver from CEO, etc.:D

I think it's more of a business rule. I think 4 is the most that can be leased. I'm pretty sure technically it can handle 6 but you would have to purchase the other 2 Joeys. I'll have to check the business rules. I haven't had a chance to go through the additions since the Hopper was released.

I think it's more of a business rule. I think 4 is the most that can be leased. I'm pretty sure technically it can handle 6 but you would have to purchase the other 2 Joeys. I'll have to check the business rules. I haven't had a chance to go through the additions since the Hopper was released.

If so, those with 7 or 8 TVs wouldn't have much to complain about - Joeys are not expensive.

They are not too expensive but I still think they should be cheaper. No way Dish spent that much to have them manufactured.

The limit is now 3 Hoppers, and 9 Joeys. This is not something that DIRT can set up, but we can have someone from the proper department call

I've sent a PM to Mary last week, no response and Zach on Monday - no response.

I believe you received a response this morning, but please let me know if you have not

Last edited:
Goo, I have no idea how you wire that baby. I actually have a customer that could use that set up. They have two accounts just in their home currently.

1 Duo node, 1 solo node (so they wouldn't integrate unless something like a trio node came out). Likely with 2 "trunked/cascaded" DPP44 switches. I can make one, but it won't look pretty

1 Duo node, 1 solo node. Likely with 2 "trunked/cascaded" DPP44 switches. I can make one, but it won't look pretty
With the two separate nodes, is there a way to get all three hoppers and joeys to see each other? or would it be two separate networks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)