Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, is there a technical max on the number of joeys per solo node? and per duo node?

(since we started this line of thought)

So they can do 3 Hoppers and 9 Joeys (I'm sure that's gonna be a real popular configuration), and still can't figure out the wisdom of allowing 2H/1J. Genius! :facepalm

You say "now". Has it changed recently? I ask because I am wondering if the rules are somewhat fluid. I will eventually want a 2H/0J system, which I am told is not allowed (altho Scherrman implied he can do setups you cannot but hasn't tried 2H/0J yet).

Everything appears to be fluid since depending on who you talk to you get a different answer nearly every time. We have plenty of people on this forum who have configurations that are "not allowed".

You say "now". Has it changed recently? I ask because I am wondering if the rules are somewhat fluid. I will eventually want a 2H/0J system, which I am told is not allowed (altho Scherrman implied he can do setups you cannot but hasn't tried 2H/0J yet).

It was changed a few days ago (wasn't available at date of launch).

2H/0J is currently not available as an upgrade option for us because it wouldn't be a "whole home" setup. I'm not sure what system Scherrman has to setup upgrades, but if it's anything like our system, only certain configurations are available

2H/0J is currently not available as an upgrade option for us because it wouldn't be a "whole home" setup. I'm not sure what system Scherrman has to setup upgrades, but if it's anything like our system, only certain configurations are available

So have you been officially told it will be an option once 2 hoppers can communicate?

How much would it cost to upgrade from my current setup:

922 currently broken and in need of replacement
722k not Internet connected
622 Not internet connected as well

I would like to add a fourth TV if I do upgrade so I am thinking a 2h/2j setup otherwise I will have a net loss of tuners.

I current subscribe to auto-pay and have just about every English speaking channel Dish offers - America Everthing, BBMP, and some out of market add ons.

I keep getting robo calls from directv saying they will give 200 bucks towards a switch which will almost cover an early term with dish and allow us access to their new five tuner beast and three HD receivers on top of that. All this for 99 bucks startup cost.

While I have no desire to switch it is almost to good of a deal to pass up VS the 400 dollars I was told it would cost me to get rid of my 922 nightmare by Dish CS.

Thanks

How much would it cost to upgrade from my current setup:

922 currently broken and in need of replacement
722k not Internet connected
622 Not internet connected as well

I would like to add a fourth TV if I do upgrade so I am thinking a 2h/2j setup otherwise I will have a net loss of tuners.

I current subscribe to auto-pay and have just about every English speaking channel Dish offers - America Everthing, BBMP, and some out of market add ons.

I keep getting robo calls from directv saying they will give 200 bucks towards a switch which will almost cover an early term with dish and allow us access to their new five tuner beast and three HD receivers on top of that. All this for 99 bucks startup cost.

While I have no desire to switch it is almost to good of a deal to pass up VS the 400 dollars I was told it would cost me to get rid of my 922 nightmare by Dish CS.

Thanks

You would pay $21 per month in receiver fees (less than the $34 you are paying now) plus the $6 DVR fee that you are already paying now and the $4 Whole-Home fee. Your upfront costs will most likely be $199 plus the tech fee ($95, if you have or add the protection plan then it would be $15) .

Thanks. I have the protection plan on the 922. Do I have to have it on all of the receivers? Could this be why Dish CS told me it was going to over 400 dollars to upgrade? I am getting a lot of flack from the boss about not having access to BBMP on the 922 since I was the one that did the hard sell on it when we signed up. Now I have mud on my face and a regular stream of I told you so's about the waste of 200 dollars on the latestest and greatest.

Knightfolk said:
Thanks. I have the protection plan on the 922. Do I have to have it on all of the receivers? Could this be why Dish CS told me it was going to over 400 dollars to upgrade? I am getting a lot of flack from the boss about not having access to BBMP on the 922 since I was the one that did the hard sell on it when we signed up. Now I have mud on my face and a regular stream of I told you so's about the waste of 200 dollars on the latestest and greatest.

No, the Protection Plan covers all recievers on the account.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

When I enter a claim on Dish's retailer site and get to the section where I select the customer's equipment there is an option to customize. I was told by someone at Dish that we can make the configuration happen with that. Now, I'm not sure If I would be able to get it activated though. I haven't tried selling that set up yet so I don't know if we can get it to work or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts