Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Long time Dish owner. Have a 722 but would like to upgrade...A couple of questions

1. Have three main TV's we use but then distribute the signal out from the 722 to other smaller TV's throughout the house. Would it be better to get a hopper and two joeys and just output one of those to the central distribution panel?? Would need to be able to control that tuner remotely.
2. If that isn't the best option, what would be the cost of adding just a tuner to the system to. We also have a Niles system so could use the tuner to listen to distributed audio.

Thanks

Hopper Upgrade

Long time Dish owner. Have a 722 but would like to upgrade...A couple of questions

1. Have three main TV's we use but then distribute the signal out from the 722 to other smaller TV's throughout the house. Would it be better to get a hopper and two joeys and just output one of those to the central distribution panel?? Would need to be able to control that tuner remotely.
2. If that isn't the best option, what would be the cost of adding just a tuner to the system to. We also have a Niles system so could use the tuner to listen to distributed audio.

Thanks

Hey guys! We're getting a lot of requests for 2H/0J and 2H/1J setups. I just wanted to post that this is something that we are still not able to setup (I have spoken with Zach and Mike on this as well). There are certain scenarios where we can setup 1H/0J, but not always.

Everyone who has requested a PM should have received one by now, but please make another post if you have not.

Matt, PM'd Zach earlier and he asked for my PIN. Where do I find my PIN?

The PIN is a 4-digit number that you create. You may be able to find this online at your mydish.com profile. If you do not know it, contact Zach again and he can have you verify the account in other ways.

Hey guys! We're getting a lot of requests for 2H/0J and 2H/1J setups. I just wanted to post that this is something that we are still not able to setup (I have spoken with Zach and Mike on this as well). There are certain scenarios where we can setup 1H/0J, but not always.
I'm sure that your higher-ups are also hearing how many requests for 2H/0J or 2H/1J you are getting. ;)

And now back to your regularly scheduled Hopper upgrades. :)

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have a 722 and a 211 and would like to change those over to a 1H/1J system. I was quoted $799 about a month ago via online chat at Dish.com so I didn't think that was viable for me. I would like a PM to see if that's changed!

Thanks in advance,
John

The hopper setup I need is pretty conventional with one hopper and 3 joeys. However, I’m waiting for the OTA tuner to become available. I read the following (dated 11/15/2012) on Swanni’s website:

"But Dish this week unveiled a $30 'Digital Off-Air Module' for the Hopper DVR that would enable Hopper subs to get their broadcast network signals via off-air antennas. The module would connect the set-top to an antenna using a USB connection."

Any truth to this and if so, when will it be available?

It is already available. If you browse the Hopper Zone threads you will see lots of people talking about it who have it. I would call, chat or have a DIRT member set up the order for your Hopper/Joeys and they can add the OTA module to the work order.

It is already available. If you browse the Hopper Zone threads you will see lots of people talking about it who have it. I would call, chat or have a DIRT member set up the order for your Hopper/Joeys and they can add the OTA module to the work order.

Really now. The chat i had with a Dish rep yesterday said it wasn't yet available and had no idea when it would become available. One complaint I have with Dish is that is seems their customer service reps are usually the last ones to hear about anything Dish is doing or offering.

Really now. The chat i had with a Dish rep yesterday said it wasn't yet available and had no idea when it would become available. One complaint I have with Dish is that is seems their customer service reps are usually the last ones to hear about anything Dish is doing or offering.

There have been a few reports of CSR's not being aware of the availability, but it is available.

I spoke with a CSR online earlier but came away confused. Im trying to determine how much it would cost to upgrade to a hopper and 2 joey set up. Additionally, I am curious what my monthly equipment increase would be as compared to my current 722 and 211 set up. Is there a DIRT member that can assist?

Hi, I am sorry that you are being told the OTA USB adapter for the Hopper is not available because it is. Please PM a DIRT member and we will be happy to assist. You do need to have a Hopper installed before the ordering becomes an option on your account but we can assist you. Thank you!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have a 722 and a 211 and would like to change those over to a 1H/1J system. I was quoted $799 about a month ago via online chat at Dish.com so I didn't think that was viable for me. I would like a PM to see if that's changed!

Thanks in advance,
John

Contacted/helped

DIRT Help! Earlier today I upgraded from a 722k to a Hopper/Joey setup. Before switching I transferred some recordings to an External HD. When I plug the EHD into my new Hopper, it wants to reformat and erase all recordings (warning #865). Please PM.

I am having the exact same problem! I have been banging my head against the wall for several days and Dish Support is telling me I am out of Luck! I waited for the S23 Firmware upgrade but it still has the same problem of wanting to reformat the EHD from the 722. All the Shows were moved over to the EHD so the only exist on the EHD.

PLEASE HELP!

15+ DISH customer. I would like to upgrade current vip722. Unit is in home theater and 2nd TV is in bedroom. So I assume 1 hopper and 1 joey? Upgrade cost?
TIA-Jack

I would like to get information on upgrading my 622 & 311 to a single hopper and two joey system with OTA module. I would also like information
on getting Dishnet to support On Demand content to the hopper. We live in the country with no cable and the only option we have is using
Sprint HotSpot and its terrible.

Thanks
John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)