Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Really now. The chat i had with a Dish rep yesterday said it wasn't yet available and had no idea when it would become available.
Available has multiple meanings.

Rest assured that the OTA tuner module has been released. It may be out of stock when you contact someone but they are out there in the public's hands.

I'm a 13 yr Dish customer with a 6 receiver setup on 6 TV's (2 922's, 3 722's, and a 622). I would like to upgrade to a 3 Hopper, 3 Joey system with 3 OTA tuners. Upgrade cost please.

Hello guys and girls just tried to upgrade from 1 211k to 1 hopper and 2 joeys and was told all I could get was 1 hopper for 100.00 and a 95.00 tech visit and no joeys I have three hdtvs how am I supposed to watch all of them with one hopper I now backfeed 1 tv for sd and use hdmi splitter for other but have to watch same channel on all tvs why does dish make it so hard to upgrade could a dirt team member help

DIRT, ready to process an upgrade. Already worked out details with Zach last week, just need to pull the trigger. Please PM me when available.

I've been with Dish since 1999. I currently have a 722 & 522 setup with the 722 broadcasting to another TV in the house. I am looking to upgrade to a single Hopper with 2 Joeys along with an OTA tuner. I'll wait for a PM from a DIRT member..... THANKS!

I would like to upgrade from my 622 (which I got when they first came out many years ago) to the Hopper. We have two HDTV's widely separated in the house. I would like to get two hoppers and an OTA dongle but 0 Joeys. I know Dish doesn't like this set up, although I don't understand why not. Can a DIRT member help me on this? Please PM me.

By the way, in a two-hopper system with one OTA unit, can the Hopper without the OTA access the OTA on the other Hopper? I ask this because, although two OTA's would be nice and are not prohibitively priced, connecting the second hopper to our antenna will require significant wiring work. Today our second TV uses an indoor antenna and, because of our location, only gets NBC and PBS. Our first TV is connected to a rooftop antenna and the 622 gets dozens of channels. I could live with just one OTA if both TV's could access it. And yes, I know that the OTA can tune to only one channel at a time.

If I succeed in getting my wishes, what will be the upgrade/installation cost and what will happen to my monthly fees?

Hey guys! We're getting a lot of requests for 2H/0J and 2H/1J setups. I just wanted to post that this is something that we are still not able to setup (I have spoken with Zach and Mike on this as well). There are certain scenarios where we can setup 1H/0J, but not always.

Everyone who has requested a PM should have received one by now, but please make another post if you have not.

Bump

Thinking of upgrading single 722 to 1 Hopper. alongwith upgrading my programming from Dish America to Top 200 or 250. How much will it cost to upgrade to Hopper and how much per month after that

Long time subscriber who would like to upgrade from 1 522 and one 508D to a Hopper and Joey and sling adaptor.

VERY long-time member.... :)

I've currently got two Vip 722's.

3 TV's upstairs, 1 downstairs (main Hopper?). What do I do?---- I'm ready for an upgrade!

I currently have a 622 and a 211. I am interested in replacing the 622 with a hopper while keeping the 211 in the bedroom as is (which should be ok based on mattg's post yesterday "The exception is we will allow one 211/211k/411 in addition to a Hopper system."). Thanks!

Considering upgrade to Hopper. I current have the following receivers: 2 x 722, 311, and a 512. Can someone from the DIRT team contact me with information?

thanks

Thinking of an upgrade to 1 Hopper and 1 joey. Currently have a 222. Wondering the upgrade cost and extra monthly charge.

Helped/Contacted by ZachS

Last edited:
Hi, interested in upgrading to 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Currently have a 625 and 322 I believe. Would like to know cost of upgrade and potential new monthly charges. Thanks!

Hello DIRT,

I would like to hear back from a member about upgrading from a 922 to 1 hopper and 2 joeys. Need to understand installation as well as monthly costs.

Thanks,
Jeff

I want to upgrade from 8 tuners currently to 2 hoppers 4 joeys. Also, can I upgrade through Dish and still use our local Dish installer?

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts