Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can any of the DIRT members contact me for upgrades? Have been PMing with Becki but have not heard from her since her first PM. Thanks.

For all those who keeping asking DIRT to contact them, why don't you take the bull by the horns and contact them. That's what I did. It will get a quicker response.

We do ask that people post here for a Hopper upgrade. We all work different hours, so doing a post is easiest for us. Someone will reply as soon as possible.

What's with the new Hopper software upgrade. I am receiving the message now and I can't navigate the screen asking me to upgrade now or later. Nothing responds to the remote input. I just shut everything down and will see what happens when I turn it back on.

HWS - Joey Upgrade Info

Could a DIRT member please PM me as I am interested in upgrading my 722k / 222k to a 2-HWS 2-Joey setup & OTA adapter.

Some background for others to view and comment on.

Current – 4 TV’s….2 HD – 2 SD …plans to upgrade the 2 SD TV’s
722k feeds 1 HD & 1 SD TV, Upstairs has the box feeds to TV downstairs…(Myself / Wife)
222k feeds 1 HD & 1 SD TV, Upstairs has the box feeds to TV downstairs…(Kids / Kids)

Proposed - HWS box (Upstairs) for Myself … Joey box feeding other TV upstairs.
HWS box (Downstairs) for My Wife …. Joey box feeding other TV on same floor.

This would mean possible rewiring since we had a different layout, doesn’t seem to pose any problems ?
The Installer would have probably the scenario setup .

Myself and My Wife are heavier DVR users, hence that is why we were sharing the 722k. I would think that splitting the HWS up between Myself & Wife would be better? The kids would be with the Joey’s and would have basic usage/need of the DVR.

Questions:

• Could I for example watch one of the available tuners on the other HWS if all tuners are in use (2 Recording’s & 1 watching the other) on mine ?
  • Can I for example for myself (not likely) Set 4 recording’s … 3 on mine and use 1 of the available tuners on the other HWS.
  • Although everything will need reviewed, but any idea on rough guess costs $$. 2 HWS – 2 Joeys – 1 OTA adapter – Equipment startup costs – Monthly Fee’s

I’ve been a lurker for at least 3 years, using this site to help guide me on my decisions on choosing Dish.

Thanks for reading
Steve

I am interested in upgrading to a Hopper with Sling. Currently my setup is 1 tv with a 922 in my basement, and another tv on a 722k which is also in the basement. I also have a 3rd tv upstairs sitting directly above the tv with the 722k, but there's no wiring currently in that room. The actual Dish was moved from my old address to this home in December last year- there is a 1000.2 on the roof.

I would like a Joey on the upstairs tv, another Joey on the tv that my 922 is currently hooked up to, and the HWS where the 722k currently sits.

If a DIRT member could PM me with pricing info that would be great! Thanks for all the help!

Hopper ugprade

If a DIRT member could contact me. I am interested in upgrading my current hoppers (I have two) One has an external sling attached. i would like to upgrade to the HWS to take advantage of the upcoming Android transfer.

Thanks

I am interested in finding out about upgrading my 722k to a Hopper with Sling - no Joeys

Edit: Contacted and Helped. Thanks DIRT

Last edited:
I am interested in finding out about upgrading my 722k/222K to two Hoppers with Sling & four Joeys. I had previously worked with MaryB a while ago, but she hasn't returned my latest PM and I see where she hasn't posted in the forums since August, so I wasn't sure if she was still a DIRT team member.

**Edited** MaryB did finally contact me. Thank you for your quick response Matt.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)