Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Current customer since the beginning of DISH. Looking to upgrade to Hopper with Sling and possibly 3 Joeys. I have a 722 and a 510D. CSR just told me that I cannot keep any non-Hopper receivers active in the same house (same dish) - is this correct or BS? Also, he told me that the technicians have "special equipment" (EHD?) and can transfer all recordings from the 722 AND the 510D. I know I can copy from 722 to my EHD but can it be done for the 510D? Thanks, Steve.

Current customer since the beginning of DISH. Looking to upgrade to Hopper with Sling and possibly 3 Joeys. I have a 722 and a 510D. CSR just told me that I cannot keep any non-Hopper receivers active in the same house (same dish) - is this correct or BS? Also, he told me that the technicians have "special equipment" (EHD?) and can transfer all recordings from the 722 AND the 510D. I know I can copy from 722 to my EHD but can it be done for the 510D? Thanks, Steve.

Correct, you can't keep the 722 or 510 on your account. He doesn't have any special equipment and an EHD does not work with a 510.

I just had dish network service installed on Janurary 12, 2013. I decided to add a room so I also paid $115.00 to add a second hopper which was installed on Janurary 16 2013. I wanted to know what prices would dish offer me to upgrade to the hopper 2 I would need two of them to upgrade my existing ones. Could someone from dirt PM me

Just to make this publicly visible, the new Hopper with Sling (Hopper W/S) are $200 at best for existing customers. Regular Hoppers are $50 at best. We are unable to discount the upgrade costs.

Can a Dirt Member please PM me, want to see about replacing my current set up of 2 VIP622 and 1 VIP612 with a 2 Hopper 3 Joey setup along with 1 OTA module.
Thanks!!!

Current Customer - Have a 922, a 722 and 3 211's - All equipment is leased except for 1 211 - Would be interested in upgrading to Hopper - Am I correct that I'd actually need 2 hopper units because 1 unit can not handle 5 TV's?? Would only like 1 unit to be Hopper with Sling - What kind of costs am I looking at?

Also - 1 of these TV's is only used 4 months out of the year (3 season room) - Is it possible to disable the receiver for those 4 months to save $$?

Thank you

Can someone please contact me,
We have 5 TVs in our home, 3 of which are HDTVs. One was acquired recently. As far as I know we have one 722k box and another box (unsure of model). We're trying to get the third TV to receive the HD line but have been told that the simplest option is to just move the box and forego HD on one tv. We called yesterday about the hopper, does service price increase? We're currently paying ~$84 and they quoted ~$120. Thanks for the info! (Any better suggestions definitely welcomed!)

I'm a current customer, that would like to upgrade to the new hopper system. I would like to see what it would cost to get two of the new Hoppers w/sling, and two Joeys? Please pm me?

Current customer out of contract. Would like to discuss pricing differences between what I have and a 2 hopper 4 joey setup.

Current long time customer out of contract. Would like to replace a 722k and 622 with a Hopper with sling and wifi + Joey pair. Please PM Me.

I'm a current customer, out of contract, and want to replace my pair of 722's with a Hopper with sling, an OTA Module and 2 Joeys. (I'm assuming the Hopper doesn't come with an OTA input, except as an option.) I'm also assuming the purpose of this mechanism is to avoid having to go through the extended telephone discussions with a CSR's. Please PM me.

Last edited:
Current customer out of contract. Would like to discuss pricing differences between what I have and a 2 hopper 4 joey setup.

Maryb, or any other.
I PMed with a request for a quote on 2 hoppers and 4 joeys to run 6 TVs and got a response for 2 hoppers and only 2 joeys. Could you look into this again please?

Was wanting to make a decision over the weekend.

thanks,

Maryb, or any other.
I PMed with a request for a quote on 2 hoppers and 4 joeys to run 6 TVs and got a response for 2 hoppers and only 2 joeys. Could you look into this again please?

thanks,

I have sent you an updated quote for the Hopper and 4 Joeys. Your original request was for a 2 Hopper and 2 Joey install but we can run quotes again with no problem. Thank you!

Maryb, or any other.

thanks,

Would like a quote for this too. 2 hoppers 4 joeys..have AEP plus service, protection plan, HD.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts