Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a 722 & 622. The 722 has just died, so I'll be using the equipment replacement plan to swap it out (again). Curious if there's a good enough deal to just upgrade to a Hopper & 2 Joey's instead.
Set up with an appointment to upgrade to a 2 Hopper/1 Joey setup with no install fee. Plus the Tech will be carting my dead leased 722 off with him. :happyd2:

Thanks a lot Zach!!! :up:up:up

Now just have to decide what to do with the owned 622.

My have times changed. There was a time that that set up was not allowed by Dish. In order to get a 2nd Hopper you had to be feeding a total of 5 TV's.

Asked this in part of a post in another thread but I'll add it here:

I asked if I can get 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. They told me this would not work. They said I need at least 3 joeys to have 2 Hoppers, which I don't understand...

They told me this online by the way, will they tell me different on the phone?

I asked if I can get 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. They told me this would not work. They said I need at least 3 joeys to have 2 Hoppers, which I don't understand...

I just had 2 hoppers setup with weekend with a single joey, so it can be done.

The tech asked me if there was a reason I wanted that setup instead of a hopper with 2 joeys. I told him that only 3 tuners was too few, as PTAT would lockup a tuner reducing me to only 2, plus with 3 tv's, 3 tuners was too few, as I wouldn't be able to record anything and watch something else live, so was willing to pay the extra $5/mo. for that setup.

I would be happy to assist you! You are able to get a two Hopper and two Joey set up just fine. If you would like to look into an upgrade, please send me a PM!

Handled

I was chatting with mikeH_dishNetwork yesterday on upgrading to hopper system. I got stuck in a meeting and couldn't get back before the end of the day.

Could someone PM me to continue a conversation on switching from my current 722k and 622 to a 2 Hopper (with sling) and 1 Joey setup?

----
Big thanks to mikeH_dishNetwork for doing the legwork and stephenh@DISH for closing the deal for me this afternoon. If all goes as planned I'll have 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey running by end of day tomorrow!

Last edited:
I just had my HWS installed. Is this the thread where I post to get my guide downloaded more quickly (is that even possible)? I can't set timers (even manually) without the guide download, and my wife would not be happy if I miss the second week in a row of Survivor. Thank you (and my apologies if this is misplaced!).

I just had my HWS installed. Is this the thread where I post to get my guide downloaded more quickly (is that even possible)? I can't set timers (even manually) without the guide download, and my wife would not be happy if I miss the second week in a row of Survivor. Thank you (and my apologies if this is misplaced!).

It takes an overnight reboot to download the epg. It can take a few days for the apps to download.

Okay, thank you for helping me reset my expectations. The installation technician suggested that may be the case, but that it was more likely to happen (on its own) within the hour.

I appreciate the quick response! :)

The epg for the Dish supplied channe;s should update almost hourly the first day. So keep checking. Suvivor may show up by 8PM so you can record it.

It takes an overnight reboot to download the epg. It can take a few days for the apps to download.
I cut my evening short and we watched our programming live (/shudder). When I got up this morning I was able to create timers for our regular shows and to enable PTAT.

I did not yet check the app status.

Thanks again!

I'm interested in upgrading my existing Hopper to Hopper with Sling. I've read elsewhere that it could be free, with no change in fees with a two year commitment. Could someone from the DIRT contact me about this? Thanks!

Moving on 10/12

Hi, I am out of contract with a leased 722. I'm moving next weekend and am considering a Hopper system after seeing a family member's. Can someone from DIRT please contact me about this? Thanks a lot.

I am a new Dish customer but have realized I need to get a second hopper, one is not enough. Can someone from DIRT contact me about this please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)