Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am out of contract and would like information about upgrading to the Hopper/Joey setup. Would someone from the DIRT please contact me? Thanks.

After a show-and-tell with my neighbor (who just moved back to dish) I would be interested in discussing Hopper upgrade options for my active account.

A PM from the DIRT team would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Installed 2 Hoppers & 2 Joeys today

Just wanted to pass along how awesome this Hopper & Joey system is from Dishnetwork. I have been a long time customer of Dish and they just keep getting better. I was a little afraid at the beginning to switch to the Hopper because I have 4 televisions in my house and had DVR's connected to all of them. The only problem I had with this setup was I couldn't watch all my recordings from any room that I wanted to but now I can. I had a 922 as one of my receivers and this Hopper system is very similar to that setup. Take it from a long time customer, you will not regret your upgrade to this new Hopper system. I would also like to get 2 more customer referrals so I can get an iPad from Dish, if you're going to sign up for Dish or looking to upgrade to a Hopper please text me at 570-412-1674 and I can send you a referral code that will also get you $50.00 from Dish. I hope you enjoy your new Hopper system, I know I'm going to enjoy mine.

Hello. I'm out of contract on a leased 722, and would like to upgrade to a Hopper w/Sling and one Joey. Can someone from DIRT please PM me to help with this? Thanks.

Hello,
I'm an existing Dish customer in good standing for several years. I would like to upgrade to a Hopper DVR. I have wireless broadband if that makes a difference. I have not contacted Dish CS yet. Is there something you can do for me that they cannot? Please forgive me for not reading all 255 pages of this thread.

Thanks, Paul

Hello. I have had Dish for many years. I'm out of contract on a leased 722, and would like to upgrade to a Hopper w/Sling and one Joey. I would appreciate a PM from someone with the DIRT to help with this. Thanks.

I am a current Dish customer with a 922 & 722 both out of contract. I am interested in a Hopper w/Sling and one Joey. Please contact me for account number.

Got the Hopper with sling yesterday. My 922 finally kicked the bucket. I lost all of my recordings to.:mad: I had an external harddrive but the 922 kept cutting off and there was no way to do a transfer. I like the hopper so far though.

Couple of quick questions please. When you record using the PT how long does the recording stay on the hard drive? In theory should the Hopper provide better PQ then the 722 ie. different chip set? What do you think the next upgrade to the Hopper will be or will a completely new machine replace it 5 years or so down the road.

Couple of quick questions please. When you record using the PT how long does the recording stay on the hard drive? In theory should the Hopper provide better PQ then the 722 ie. different chip set? What do you think the next upgrade to the Hopper will be or will a completely new machine replace it 5 years or so down the road.

8 days but it's customizable.

Thanks. I spoke to a CR today and was a bit confused. She told me that the Hopper has a 2TB hard drive. When I asked if one of those TB's was dedicated to the PT material. She said no that the entire 2TB was available for any and all recordings. I was under the impression that the PT and only the PT used one of the hard drives all by itself.

Thanks. I spoke to a CR today and was a bit confused. She told me that the Hopper has a 2TB hard drive. When I asked if one of those TB's was dedicated to the PT material. She said no that the entire 2TB was available for any and all recordings. I was under the impression that the PT and only the PT used one of the hard drives all by itself.

When the Hopper first came out, we had a TB dedicated to PT only, but have since removed that. Most of the hard drive can be used for your recordings.

So just to be clear, the Hopper receivers have 1.231 TB available for your personal recordings and the rest of the DVR is partitioned for DISH usage including VOD downloads.

I am a Dish Customer in good standing and not under contract. I am having issues with my 722 again and looking at possibly upgrading to Hopper w/Sling and two Joey's. Can DIRT please contact me to discuss options and costs?

Thank you,
John Spannagel

So just to be clear, the Hopper receivers have 1.231 TB available for your personal recordings and the rest of the DVR is partitioned for DISH usage including VOD downloads.
There's a big difference between 1.23TB and "most of" a 2TB drive (about 750GB).

In fact, the set-aside hasn't changed all that much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)