Hopper USB OTA Tuner

P

pparry

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 17, 2006
As I said the big piece of the pie is currently out of their hands.

Can anyone tell us what the reason for the delay? If it is in fact a FCC/patent issue then I wouldn't expect to see it resolved for many more months. If its a supplier issue- that could be easily resolved by finding a new supplier.

S

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2006
Can anyone tell us what the reason for the delay? If it is in fact a FCC/patent issue then I wouldn't expect to see it resolved for many more months. If its a supplier issue- that could be easily resolved by finding a new supplier.

Based on his recent post, it doesn't sound like Scott is able to comment on the specifics until after the product is released.

Just have to be patient... or even take a break from this site if it bothers you that much

gpflepsen

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
The S224 thread has a nugget buried within. Supposedly the menu shows a scan option for an OTA USB tuner. Signs are indicating it'll be here... then.

P

pparry

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 17, 2006
The S224 thread has a nugget buried within. Supposedly the menu shows a scan option for an OTA USB tuner. Signs are indicating it'll be here... then.

I thought someone had previously said that software was already on the hopper? I guess I thought the delay had to do with releasing the physical unit itself and not a software issue.

gpflepsen

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
SW may be there but it's not turned on yet. S224 shows some possible functionality.