Hopper/ VIP 211k question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
Okay, so it's been a while since E* made the decision to allow Hopper/Tailgater on the same account.

1. If I eventually go with the Hopper, I will purchase my own equipment.
  2. I'd like to add an owned 211k to my account, or must I own/prove that I have a Tailgater?
  3. In a perfect world, I would have a Hopper for my living room, and a 211k for the master bedroom...no Joeys.

Can this be done, or am I dreaming?

You have two issues.
1 The "RULES" say you can only add a 211 to a hopper account assuming it will be used away from the Hopper home.
2 You only have three connections on your Dish 1000 and you need two for a solo node or all three for a duo node. So you may need a second dish to power any VIP receiver.
In my RV I now have a 2 Hopper system with duo node connected to a portable Dish 1000.2 AND a VIP 722k connected to a roof mounted Dish 500.
There is no physical reason you can't do it.

Okay, so it's been a while since E* made the decision to allow Hopper/Tailgater on the same account.

1. If I eventually go with the Hopper, I will purchase my own equipment.
  2. I'd like to add an owned 211k to my account, or must I own/prove that I have a Tailgater?
  3. In a perfect world, I would have a Hopper for my living room, and a 211k for the master bedroom...no Joeys.

Can this be done, or am I dreaming?

Biggest issue with 1H/0J setups is getting Dish to sell it, but if you're purchasing your own equipment it shouldn't be a problem. For the 211 just tell them you have a tailgater, no way for them to know.

I assume you've seen the install diagrams, but here they are just in case...http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279755-hopper-joey-wiring-diagrams.html.

With a single Hopper and 211 you shouldn't need any switches, two feeds to the solo node and one feed to the 211 (assumning a 1000.2/1000.4 dish).

Will you be installing yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)