Hopper w Sling s/w U243 4/10/2018 breaks Trick-Play

I have two hopper 2’s and have been seeing the same problem. I am really disgusted with Dish since the new interface was installed.

Rarely post to forums but wanted to let you know you are not alone with this issue. I am a long time subscriber and my patience is almost at an end.

Reactions: navychop
Well, I’m afraid this is Goodbye Dish time. My LR HWS is on 242, the old s/w. My upstairs MBR HWS got 243.

Believe me, the complaints posted do not begin to describe the problems. We started watching a program downstairs, and went upstairs to finish it in the MBR. Sad. It skips to where it wants. Can’t FF or REV to find the spot to resume. It eventually freezes. Turning off the HWS and waiting, then turning it back on- only works for a very short time. And you must start over, because resume doesn’t work. Even then, you have to be very careful in FF, and you still won’t get where you want. You’ll stop it, and it will jump way ahead or way back. And eventually freeze. God forbid you try to skip or FF thru commercials. It will go where it wants. We had to give up. And turn it off. I hope we can finish it downstairs.

DISH: Get real. ONLY AN INCOMPETENT IDIOT COULD POSSIBLY RELEASE THIS S/W.. It’s that bad.

This is from a once loyal customer, of many years. One who has never taken a freebie, who has NEVER asked for a discount. WHOEVER AUTHORIZED THIS RELEASE SHOULD BE FIRED! FIRED!

My Dish service has been degraded consistently. The CUI is CRAP! We’ve lost functionality, such as rolling over timers to the “other” Hopper when the first one is too busy. We’ve lost 4X FF, some slow motion. Has Charlie made deals to degrade our service?

Sorry, this is IT! If this CRAP isn’t fixed in the next few weeks, I’m off to FiOS. THEIR SOFTWARE WORKS!. And there will be no going back. We’ll watch a few EHD programs of importance, and after downgrading service for a while, dump Dish.

I’ve come to realize that much of what we’ve put on EHDs is available at no extra cost on FiOS.

PISSED? You’re damn right I’m pissed. Too many downgrades. Just move to the H3 and most or all of these problems will go away? Do you think I’m an IDIOT? Dish will just throw more problems our way. I now think Dish is utterly incompetent. For MONTHS we have had nothing but degradation of service.

Yes, I’m emotional. But I believe I’ve been screwed by Dish. Maybe for the last time.

FiOS, the high cost provider, is cheaper and provides more service. For, on total, for over $50/month less once I dump Dish!

Take care navychop. We are going to miss you. :crying

Reactions: navychop
I've had Dish since 2001, and honestly, if it weren't for the Flex Pack, my ability to keep my 722 and grandfathered DVR fee, and "moving", I'd have left too.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, I’m afraid this is Goodbye Dish time. My LR HWS is on 242, the old s/w. My upstairs MBR HWS got 243.

Believe me, the complaints posted do not begin to describe the problems. We started watching a program downstairs, and went upstairs to finish it in the MBR. Sad. It skips to where it wants. Can’t FF or REV to find the spot to resume. It eventually freezes. Turning off the HWS and waiting, then turning it back on- only works for a very short time. And you must start over, because resume doesn’t work. Even then, you have to be very careful in FF, and you still won’t get where you want. You’ll stop it, and it will jump way ahead or way back. And eventually freeze. God forbid you try to skip or FF thru commercials. It will go where it wants. We had to give up. And turn it off. I hope we can finish it downstairs.

DISH: Get real. ONLY AN INCOMPETENT IDIOT COULD POSSIBLY RELEASE THIS S/W.. It’s that bad.

This is from a once loyal customer, of many years. One who has never taken a freebie, who has NEVER asked for a discount. WHOEVER AUTHORIZED THIS RELEASE SHOULD BE FIRED! FIRED!

My Dish service has been degraded consistently. The CUI is CRAP! We’ve lost functionality, such as rolling over timers to the “other” Hopper when the first one is too busy. We’ve lost 4X FF, some slow motion. Has Charlie made deals to degrade our service?

Sorry, this is IT! If this CRAP isn’t fixed in the next few weeks, I’m off to FiOS. THEIR SOFTWARE WORKS!. And there will be no going back. We’ll watch a few EHD programs of importance, and after downgrading service for a while, dump Dish.

I’ve come to realize that much of what we’ve put on EHDs is available at no extra cost on FiOS.

PISSED? You’re damn right I’m pissed. Too many downgrades. Just move to the H3 and most or all of these problems will go away? Do you think I’m an IDIOT? Dish will just throw more problems our way. I now think Dish is utterly incompetent. For MONTHS we have had nothing but degradation of service.

Yes, I’m emotional. But I believe I’ve been screwed by Dish. Maybe for the last time.

FiOS, the high cost provider, is cheaper and provides more service. For, on total, for over $50/month less once I dump Dish!
C'mon Navy, you at least have to stick around long enough to find out what the next mascot is going to be!!

I only have 1 HWS but I'm out of contract and considering bundling with Cox. Already have the internet and home phone with them, and the TV interface they borrowed/stole actually works.....

Well, I’ve figured out how to solve the problem. Just send back the MBR HWS. And NOT put the Joey there. Save a few bucks make the transition a bit easier.

I think I’ll mull this over for a week or so before doing anything.

Now to get a FiOS wiring diagram.

C'mon Navy, you at least have to stick around long enough to find out what the next mascot is going to be!!

I only have 1 HWS but I'm out of contract and considering bundling with Cox. Already have the internet and home phone with them, and the TV interface they borrowed/stole actually works.....

We already know what the new mascot is. It’s an image of Charlie beating a dead horse. And we, the customers, are the horse.

I had such a bad experience with Cox Cable I’ll NEVER go back.

My God, I’m channeling Bob!

Did it 2 yrs ago with a TiVo and TiVo Minis. Cox has been rock solid in my 2 homes, once I got the cable card working and realized I had a bad cable tuner in 1 tivo. Just went in last month and reupped my bundle deal for another 2 years, took me about 10mins in the Cox store. Saving $70 a month with tv/internet bundle and no equipment fees. My sister did the same thing with the Cox Contour 2/X1 clone and had no problems. Dish lost 4 accounts from us. My youngest sister is only family member still with Dish, just because they have no choice other than directv out in the country. Probably good for them they finally moved to the H3 back around Christmas.

Sigh, the HWS has been a mess for a long time. This is just more icing on the cake (I'm not sure I can even find the cake under all the icing). I've started backup up to External HDD in prep for a switch. Guess I also gotta start going through looking for old timers to delete.

I'm thinking about taking a rarely used Joey and parking it on top of the HWS to use when watching content on the "other" HWS. I believe I can just split the coax at the HWS (gotta check the requirements of the splitter - Not sure what I have around).

Tried to use Dishanywhere as a workaround, but that couldn't "see" a recording in progress I wanted to watch (sheesh). Then fired up the stand alone sling which worked ok, but commercial skipping with a sling is a bear (especially with all the hiccups that occur when Dish is inserting on the fly commercials).

This is nuts.

Methinks I should start going thru my EHD and start manually offloading keepers.

Methinks I should start going thru my EHD and start manually offloading keepers.

Yea, that's a good idea too, but crazy slow (assuming your offloading in real-time somehow).
I suppose a few streaming services could replace a great deal of the HDD content (ex: HBO/Sho can be viewed VOD).

Yea, that's a good idea too, but crazy slow (assuming your offloading in real-time somehow).
I suppose a few streaming services could replace a great deal of the HDD content (ex: HBO/Sho can be viewed VOD).
Yeah it would be real time,. but most of what I saved isn't available anywhere else...live content, news clips, sporting events, etc

And the audio dropouts are getting worse. Watched a DVR’d Pope episode and it was really bad.

Here's another one. We've got a Hopper 2 here on which Netflix hasn't worked since the update. Everything else on the Hopper that connects to the internet works including YouTube. We've tried everything to troubleshoot it and no matter what we've tried the only thing we get is a box on the screen that says 'Netflix is not Available. Please try again later'. :(

Also have 2 he's & have the same problem
Very fed up with updates that down grade performance & rain fade, disputes, etc. After 12 years gonna have to look elsewhere

Here's another one. We've got a Hopper 2 here on which Netflix hasn't worked since the update. Everything else on the Hopper that connects to the internet works including YouTube. We've tried everything to troubleshoot it and no matter what we've tried the only thing we get is a box on the screen that says 'Netflix is not Available. Please try again later'. :(
Netflix on the Hopper system is a joke. I told my kids last year, just use the TV, and now the Firestick. Never a problem on those, ever.

From the installer side, it's a mess. HWS taking for-EVER to d/l now, most downloading twice. I just spent 2 hours trying to get a HWS to d/l Joey software. Finally at 8:30, the customer and I agreed to see if it d/l's overnight and finish it up tomorrow. Good thing I was only 90 minutes from home.....

While I applaud dish for wanting to add more features, it's not necessary. We were all fine on the old UI. We didn't care if the Hopper didn't have Netflix. I never heard anyone complain about not having Youtube.....

Netflix on the Hopper system is a joke. I told my kids last year, just use the TV, and now the Firestick. Never a problem on those, ever.

From the installer side, it's a mess. HWS taking for-EVER to d/l now, most downloading twice. I just spent 2 hours trying to get a HWS to d/l Joey software. Finally at 8:30, the customer and I agreed to see if it d/l's overnight and finish it up tomorrow. Good thing I was only 90 minutes from home.....

While I applaud dish for wanting to add more features, it's not necessary. We were all fine on the old UI. We didn't care if the Hopper didn't have Netflix. I never heard anyone complain about not having Youtube.....

I know. Our customers just want good reliable equipment and cheap prices. :)

Totally agree. Over the past 40 or so years I've had various cable/satellite services from numerous providers and never once have I experienced having software/updates forced on me that effectively degrades the performance of their existing receivers/cable boxes etc. This seems to me to be a Dish exclusive.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)