Hopper w Sling s/w U243 4/10/2018 breaks Trick-Play

I can get by with 6 tuners. I’m told the same box supports 12, you just pay the extra fee.

But TiVo would obviate all that.

Never use multiview.

TiVo Roamio has separate red recording light for each tuner (concentric rings).

TiVo Bolt just has one red recording light and FIOS does not work with TiVo - TiVo explicitly says so, unless they've changed something since I got my Bolt..

I don’t know about HipKat but I’m not having any EHD issues beyond the occasional spin up. All I have to do is restart that process and all is well...
You have me there, I don't have an EHD.......yet

You’re not having EHD problems?
In these days of free Video On Demand, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., my need for an EHD has dropped to zero. I can't remember the last time I put something on or even watched something my EHD.

YMMV, of course, but I can see why this feature may have gone low on the "need to fix" list.

None of the streaming or on demand (actually, on availability) content is on my EHD. Live content, one-time specials, etc is what I store. So yes, there is still a need for an EHD.

And as I pointed out above, On Demand content isn't truly on demand, it is subject to the whim of the content owner and can disappear at any time. I don't like having content held hostage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)