Hopper With Sling, Optical Audio Cutting Out

comfortably_numb, is there any sound delay on the optical output with your converter? I'm upgrading (?) to two HWS's from two regular Hoppers on Friday. One won't be an issue, but the other could be. I don't know what would annoy me more - no sound or delayed sound!
Brad

Happy to report that my new HWS's optical output is working fine (on S316). BTW, the installer hadn't heard of this issue, nor was he aware that you could back up timers and favorites on the remotes before installing new receivers! Otherwise, he was a great installer - had no trouble with my somewhat-convoluted setup.
Brad

Happy to report that my new HWS's optical output is working fine (on S316). BTW, the installer hadn't heard of this issue, nor was he aware that you could back up timers and favorites on the remotes before installing new receivers! Otherwise, he was a great installer - had no trouble with my somewhat-convoluted setup.
Brad

I’m pretty sure S316 is the same software I’m running, but I still have the issue. Can anyone else confirm a change on this?

S324 is out there somewhere, but most haven't gotten it. I think that if it were a viable version, they would have loaded it in a new installation, but I got S316.

comfortably_numb, glad to see your HDMI to Optical convertor is working fine. I keep hearing rumors that there may a software upgrade that may fix this issue. When and if it comes and the problem persists, I will then buy the convertor.

So I saw a suggestion to use HDMI switcher, which I happened to have one in the closet from a previous setup in my family room so I hooked it up in the bedroom and voila it works like a charm. No audio dropouts since I put it in my bedroom system. However after using it for a short time I tried to watch a movie from BB@H that I had recorded and the HWS told me that I could not play because of my connection. Took the switch out of the loop and go direct to TV with HDMI and the movie plays fine except if I rewind or FF my audio drops out. Another rewind or 2 will bring it back. When I finished the movie I put the switch back in the setup and everything was fine until I tried to watch another of the BB@H movies and I get the same message saying my connection does not allow it to play. It seems to only be on the movie subscription channels like Epix. What you have might be a solution for me. Assuming Dish isn't going to fix this that is.

OK I don't know if DISH did something, but last night I was able to watch with my HDMI switch setup without getting the connection warning. I tried recordings from HBO, Starz, Epix and MGM and all of them played without the warning. I guess I will have to check on the optical problem one of these days too, but no one has reported that fixed yet.

Got the new software update on both of my Hoppers today. So far it looks like the Optical Audio Dropout issue has been corrected. Just one time when I Fast Forwarded the audio cut out. I said " Oh s**t, its back ". The sound was out for about 3 seconds then returned. Well any how, I hope this issue has been resolved.

Ok I am a very happy camper!! I got home and reworded my bedroom Hopper optical to AVR, HDMI to TV. NO DROPOUTS!! Also with the HDMI-CECIL my TV turns on and off with the Hopper. So now I have my Hopper in HDMI 1 on my TV and all my other HDMI components go through the HDMI switch to HDMI 2 on the TV. This is great and wife is very happy. The CECIL is almost like using the Harmony from our family room system.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts