Hopper With Sling, Optical Audio Cutting Out

It would be nice if someone from Dish/Dirt would confirm that their techs are aware of the problem and are working on a solution which will be implemented soon. It is unacceptable that this has gone on this long with no acknowledgement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

It would be nice if someone from Dish/Dirt would confirm that their techs are aware of the problem and are working on a solution which will be implemented soon. It is unacceptable that this has gone on this long with no acknowledgement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, I mean they asked for the info a month ago, how does it go this long without an update?

I did forward the information that was sent to me along, and haven't heard anything since. I will see if I can get any information on this.

Run HDMI from hopper to my receiver. Over the last month, I get random drop outs of audio that last a second or less. Very annoying, especially with my recorded shows. Seeing no fix for this?

If someone wanted to use a Joey for optical audio as a work-around for the Hooper dropout problem, could they use the ethernet input on the joey to provide the internet for the full system? For example, I use a hard-wired ethernet connection directly from my router to my Hopper. But if I swap locations for the Joey, my router won't be anywhere near it anymore. I noticed the Joey has an ethernet jack but I'm not sure what it's for. :confused:

The Hopper has WiFi wherever you place it.

Correct, but I was unsure of whether the throughput would be as good (and as fast) as a Hopper hard-wired to Ethernet. After trying it, I was very pleasantly surprised to be getting FASTER download/upload speeds with the wifi-connected Hopper than with hard-wired ethernet!

Last edited:
What about ditching the HDMI out and going with component and optical audio? Is there still an issue then? Getting ready to upgrade from 922. This may be a deal killer for me as my receiver does not pull audio from HDMI, it only passes picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts