Hopper with Sling - questions about transfer recordings to Android tablet

rjbu

Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
My ASUS TF300T android tablet has an SD card slot and a USB port.
Will the dish anywhere app let me store the recordings on an SD card? If so, can I use multiple SD cards?
Will the dish anywhere app let me store the recordings on a USB drive? If so, can I use multiple USB drives?
Do I need to format the SD card or USB drive, or will the dish anywhere app do that?

Is there a limit on the number of recordings that can be transferred to an android tablet, other than storage space?

When you "prepare recordings for transfer" on an HD recording, what is it actually doing?
Does it create a second recording at a different resolution? If so what resolution?

The fine print for transfer recordings says "Select recordings cannot be transferred."
What is an example of a recording that cannot be transferred?

No you cannot transfer to an sd card or to another device(computer) via USB drive or EHD. If you use EHD, it is coded only to work on another reciever on your account. That is the only transfer you can do that way. As for the android or apple transfer feature, when it prepares it is making a second copy of that programming.
An example of something that cannot be transfered for DRM purposes, would be a UFC fight.
Should be noted, something's, when it gets transfered it will delete off your hopper hard drive. Also, you can only transfer things once. So no copying to one android then trying to transfer to a second android

No you cannot transfer to an sd card or to another device(computer) via USB drive or EHD.
Never mentioned wanting to transfer to another computer, so just want to make sure my question was clear.
For storage my android tablet has
- 32 GB of internal storage
- an SD card slot with a 64 GB SD card
- a USB port where I could plug in a 1 TB hard drive.
So when I run the dish anywhere app on the android tablet and tell it to transfer a recording, where is it going to be stored on the tablet?
Only on the 32 GB of internal storage, or can I make it store the recordings on the tablets SD card storage or on the USB hard drive attached to the tablet?
Hoping not to be limited to just the tablets 32 GB internal storage.

How large is the file for 1hr of HD programing after it is transferred? I'm wondering how much I could realistically store on internal storage only since SD storage is not possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)