Hopper with Sling Software Upgraded to S523

It's like DISH buying and overseeing the bankruptcy process of Blockbuster never happened..................:lalala
I'm sure they'll write it off as a loss some way. Pretty stupid to spend anything on it and not use it any more than they did. I wonder if they'll stop putting "BLOCKBUSTER" on the right hand side of the Hopper faceplates?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm sure they'll write it off as a loss some way. Pretty stupid to spend anything on it and not use it any more than they did. I wonder if they'll stop putting "BLOCKBUSTER" on the right hand side of the Hopper faceplates?
Most likely . I see the Blockbuster name being obliterated from any new hopper design going forward.

On S523, did they add the satellite location (back) to the "Info" screen? I noticed it yesterday and don't think I've seen it in a while.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

On S523, did they add the satellite location (back) to the "Info" screen? I noticed it yesterday and don't think I've seen it in a while.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Still at the bottom between the record options and suggested shows/movie titles.

I thought it was too, then it disappeared for a short time, and is back now (?).

Also, I noticed one or two (I did not check more for this purpose) program details that were 2-4 lines long and ended with "...". I thought they increased the text "field" for this a while ago and descriptions weren't being cut off. If I remember, I'll check more later.

The orbital location has been there all along. It only displays when you're watching live TV. It doesn't show when you're watching delayed or recorded programming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall
Since S523, I've now had three instances of the "jump to end" bug while using the 30 second skip button during a recording. When it happens, only the stop button works which means I have to start the recording over and fast forward to where the bug occurred in the recording. Never had this until 523.

I thought it was too, then it disappeared for a short time, and is back now (?).

Also, I noticed one or two (I did not check more for this purpose) program details that were 2-4 lines long and ended with "...". I thought they increased the text "field" for this a while ago and descriptions weren't being cut off. If I remember, I'll check more later.
You can click the page down button( right below the aux button) to see the remaining text.

You can click the page down button( right below the aux button) to see the remaining text.
You shouldn't have to though and it's not intuitive that you would. There is blank space for multiple more lines but they're not using it - as if it's reserved for something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)