Hopper With Sling Software Version S334

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Hopper with Sling software version S334 is here. Hope it is a good one. I will update the remote control color button list later today.

Got it. Hope it was worth the wait.

Info screen is completely different now. Looking around to see what else is new.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Got it. Hope it was worth the wait.

Info screen is completely different now. Looking around to see what else is new.

I like the new info screen. When you select it only one screen opens up now instead of two.

My Joey would not fire up this morning. Window code 346 temperature too cold at 39 degrees. It went on to say when the temp reaches 41 degrees it will start up. I unplugged the external fan that is installed. Guess I better keep the fan turned off during the winter time. This didn't happen a couple of weeks ago when the outside temps hit -14 degrees. My Joey is in my man cave in the garage. Present garage temp is 25.7. Outside temp is .5 but my cell phone says it is 4 degrees in my town. Good thing I hardly watch the Joey. I use the mirrored mode from another Hopper most of the time. Will have to wait to check the Joey remote control color buttons for any changes due to the S334 update till it warms up.

My Joey would not fire up this morning. Window code 346 temperature too cold at 39 degrees. It went on to say when the temp reaches 41 degrees it will start up. I unplugged the external fan that is installed. Guess I better keep the fan turned off during the winter time. This didn't happen a couple of weeks ago when the outside temps hit -14 degrees. My Joey is in my man cave in the garage. Present garage temp is 25.7. Outside temp is .5 but my cell phone says it is 4 degrees in my town. Good thing I hardly watch the Joey. I use the mirrored mode from another Hopper most of the time. Will have to wait to check the Joey remote control color buttons for any changes due to the S334 update till it warms up.

That doesn't even make any sense, considering the Joey has no moving parts. Fans and hard drives are the ones that don't like cold, as the oil is too thick to be effective at temps below 45 or so.

Guess that means the protected icons are still gone too. :(

No icon...

Search filters are still broken...

Hmm I haven't seen this one yet. I will have to check one of my Joeys which is outside and its supposed to hit -8 today. :D

That doesn't even make any sense, considering the Joey has no moving parts. Fans and hard drives are the ones that don't like cold, as the oil is too thick to be effective at temps below 45 or so.

The window also said it could cause hard drive failure or something like that. I know I was reading the Joey. About 20 minutes later, went back to my man cave and TV said the Joey was starting up. After she came fully up I checked the temps. Hi 96, Low 39, and Avg 57.

Like the additional features on the closed-captioning page but there are two features I would like to see implemented for closed-captioning:

1. The ability to turn closed-captioning on/off from a button on the remote without having to go several layers deep into the menus.
2. The ability to automatically turn on closed-captioning when muting is turned on and automatically turn it off when muting is turned off.

Last edited:
I have checked the remote control color buttons for the Hopper and discovered one new feature in the Diagnostics menu called Control 4 (Yellow - 9 - 8). Still have to check the Joey later on if it warms up in my man cave.

Last edited:
They still did not fix the OTA problem still a black screen. I got the new software early this morning.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And someone suggested leaving on for at least 5 mins. I did for 10 minutes and still a black screen and I have to do a reset again.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Has the ota recordings to ehd been fixed? I have a number of Xmas programs I recorded from PBS for the wife. I'd like to put them on the ehd.
How about the ability to add a single ota channel?
I'm usually one of the last to get new software.

Has the ota recordings to ehd been fixed? I have a number of Xmas programs I recorded from PBS for the wife. I'd like to put them on the ehd.
How about the ability to add a single ota channel?
I'm usually one of the last to get new software.
Reports are YES its fixed. :)